New 2018 3560 SS Big Country

dadnjesse

I just purchased a 2018 3560 SS Big Country, this wasn't originally planed. I Bought a new to me 2015 keystone Cougar from the same dealer last Wednesday, went camping the same day and it rained for two days. The camper had a very bad leak and the dealer agreed to give me back my money for another purchase. This is the first brand new camper I have ever bought and I hope fingers crossed it's problem free.

jimtoo

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions just ask, someone will try to help.

Jim M

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2nd rig. I'm glad you got it worked out with the dealer. What dealer was it? It sounds like they might actually care about their customers.

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and HL family and congrats on your new BC. Problem free? Enjoy your new problem free rig and keep us posted as to any unexpected issues that might arise. You might just be the 1st person to ever own a totally problem free rig by any manufacturer.lol Enjoy your new BC and don't be a stranger to the forum.

dadnjesse

It was Campers Inn in Kingston NH. They didn't physically give me back the money but did give me what I paid towards the more expensive camper.

NYSUPstater

Congrats on the new rig and glad your dealer worked for you. My old dealer whom I still use, did away w/ my "customer 10% discount", but I like them and staff.

We have the same coach, so make sure you prop BR door open before closing either BR slide. Also, watch for the ext trim/molding near BR which may pull away w/ main slide in. We found this issue 2 months after we got it. HL took care of it. Other than that, we have been very very happy and pleased w this unit.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

dadnjesse

When I looked at it I complained the bedroom door wouldn't latch, maybe the slide wasn't closed all the way. So the slide will cause damage from the door.

NYSUPstater

When I looked at it I complained the bedroom door wouldn't latch, maybe the slide wasn't closed all the way. So the slide will cause damage from the door.

The door needs to be propped open against the bed (assuming you have a king) so it doesn't make contact w/ door jam/wall behind toilet. If door isn't propped, it could cause sever damage to said area. Now you said door doesn't latch w/ slide open. How far off is the latch to striker plate? Able to fiddle w/ it yourself to close? When we had unit in for the trim repair, dealer somehow caused damage to things inside cuz IMO they didn't prop door so they had to fix it by doing something to hinge side of things. Shuts now. But slide has to be out in order for door to shut in normal fashion.

If door latch barely catches the striker plate, you may have to add some #10 washers behind the plate to "push" it out some. If something else, lil more work involved to find problem as to why. Lot of weight on this slide overall.

We don't have a w/d tho this is where it would go, but assume (and I know what this means), HL took this into consideration for extra weight in slide.

dadnjesse

Well I haven't picked it up yet, This is something they are supposed to fix, I also noticed that the Epdm roofing was bubbled out in the back sides they are telling me this is normal. I believe it's all supposed to be glued down.

danemayer

Depending on how the trailer is leveled, the door frame may twist enough to misalign the striker plate. So even after it's adjusted at the dealer, if the trailer was a bit off level while they adjusted it, you could then have a misalignment at the campground.

The very simple and inexpensive fix is to purchase an elongated striker plate at a hardware store. Typically less than $5. The elongated opening allows for a little twisting.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You said this is a "new" 2018? You need to check the sticker on the driver side near the front of the rig, it will show the date of manufacture. It could be built in early 2017! If the dealer has not maintained the caulking, there could be hidden water damage. I would check very carefully on that roof you mentioned. Do you have a pic? Maybe you can post it here and we can advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Welcome to the forum and the Heartland family.

Assuming it is a 50amp trailer, it is very important to have a good surge protector/EMS. A lot of us have the Progressive Industries hardwired EMS with remote. Lost of neutral will damage most AC items putting 240V across them.

I actual have two of these, one in the Bighorn and another in our little commuter bumper pull that came with 50 amp service.

This price looks pretty good. Chris

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AN1UA...m/images/I/81qPE5kpKdL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B003AN1UA8

dadnjesse

Welcome to the forum and the Heartland family.

Assuming it is a 50amp trailer, it is very important to have a good surge protector/EMS. A lot of us have the Progressive Industries hardwired EMS with remote. Lost of neutral will damage most AC items putting 240V across them.

I actual have two of these, one in the Bighorn and another in our little commuter bumper pull that came with 50 amp service.

This price looks pretty good. Chris

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AN1UA...m/images/I/81qPE5kpKdL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B003AN1UA8
I was just looking at those yesterday.

dadnjesse

I did my walk through yesterday, I can't believe the lack of quality control. The inside wall had been pushed from the bedroom door in the slide,which is why the door won't latch, the large trim down the slide in the bedroom was split the whole length of the board, numerous trim pieces coming apart. The slide for the screen door where the latch is was missing, a couple of wall outlets where on at an angle, one of the hydraulic leveling legs was covered in leaking fluid. I did not bring the camper home I told them to fix it first. Also the bubbles on the roof They would only take pictures and note that they where visible and said if they get worse then they would fix them

Attachments

• IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1290.JPG
    IMG_1290.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1292.JPG
    IMG_1292.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1296.JPG
    IMG_1296.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1299.JPG
    IMG_1299.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 49

danemayer

I did my walk through yesterday, I can't believe the lack of quality control. The inside wall had been pushed from the bedroom door in the slide,which is why the door won't latch, the large trim down the slide in the bedroom was split the whole length of the board, numerous trim pieces coming apart. The slide for the screen door where the latch is was missing, a couple of wall outlets where on at an angle, one of the hydraulic leveling legs was covered in leaking fluid. I did not bring the camper home I told them to fix it first. Also the bubbles on the roof They would only take pictures and note that they where visible and said if they get worse then they would fix them

If you got the VIN #, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask the history on this trailer. The condition suggests it may not just have been sitting on the dealer lot for 2 years.

dadnjesse

If you got the VIN #, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask the history on this trailer. The condition suggests it may not just have been sitting on the dealer lot for 2 years.
I never thought of that but I hope that's not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the roof

Attachments

• _5009153.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • _5009155.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 53

bigdob24

Good luck
I had almost the same scenario. I was lucky to find a dealership that had just hired an experienced carpenter. He had to almost completely disassemble the wall with the bathroom door and bedroom sliding door and rebuild it.
Mine sat on the lot for an extended time Heartland wasn’t very sympathetic , caulk is only warranted for 90 days so no help.
In talking with the dealership they took a BIG hit in the repair of my RV , I did get it repaired to my satisfaction but at a cost to the dealership.
Get ahold of them and I open you do better than I did.
DM

dadnjesse

Good luck
I had almost the same scenario. I was lucky to find a dealership that had just hired an experienced carpenter. He had to almost completely disassemble the wall with the bathroom door and bedroom sliding door and rebuild it.
Mine sat on the lot for an extended time Heartland wasn’t very sympathetic , caulk is only warranted for 90 days so no help.
In talking with the dealership they took a BIG hit in the repair of my RV , I did get it repaired to my satisfaction but at a cost to the dealership.
Get ahold of them and I open you do better than I did.
DM
They were going to replace my wall but cheeped out and just pushed it back, I still don't think it's right but the door does close now.

philbrook

Dadnjesse, don't feel your alone when it comes to lack of quality building in RV's. It seems to have taken a big dip from my 2006 model Alpenlite. We purchased a 2019 Big Country in September of '19 and it is unfortunately going back to the dealer a second time for repairs in Feb. of 2020. Just a couple of examples of our woes. No satellite/cable reception, kitchen drawer not closing, decal lifting, black tank valve failed first trip, closet clothes hanger rod ripped from wall on second trip, inspecting the roof - missing self leveling lap sealant around two vents. Overall a decent unit but the attention to finish detail is lacking. Why or how the RV's leave the factory with these kind of issues is baffling. :confused: