Modification for side by side refer and water line for refer at slideout wheel well.

I own a 2015 Landmark Savannah last 6 of vin 284014. I cannot believe there are only two screws holding the refer in the slideout, I had to jam pipe insulation on the side to eliminate movement. I think the refer should not be in a slide, it needs a permanent mounting; also I have replaced the water line 5 times at the wheel well because it develops cracks with the constant movement of the slide.
These items need a permanent platform.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may be able to eliminate the water line problems by replacing the poly line with a braided stainless icemaker water line.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Retired USN:

You might want to think about removing your icemaker to get more freezer storage room, and buy a tabletop icemaker like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-26...buYLh6r1YgOlnuH2Vmb4ZHERDE8ZZO-0aAjNSEALw_wcBe

These have no water lines to leak (you fill a reservoir), make a small amount of hollow cylinder ice "cubes" every 12 minutes (your built in icemaker takes 4 hours to make a tray of ice) until the sensor says the ice container is full. I keep mine on the floor near the entrance door. Works great, and you can usually find these for a pretty good sale price ($90) in spring/early summer in Walmart stores.

travlingman

I have a 2014 Savannah and replaced the water line with a stainless braided line. Just hooked to the plastic and pulled through to fridge.

If you take the wood facia off above the fridge you should see a bracket from the top of the fridge screwed into the wall as support besides the screws on the floor.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We had the same issue with our 2015 Ashland. It was leaning over to the left and all cattywampas. The dealer put 4 screws and a piece of angel iron on the top rear to correct this, however they never fixed the underlying issue of the un-level floor under the fridge. On our first trip out after their repair, the fridge ripped away from the wall and dumped everything on the floor.
Well I figured I need to just pull it out and do it right. I pulled the fridge out and put small plywood spacers under the wheels in the back right side to get it level. Then I swapped out the water line with the steel breaded line. I installed wall anchors into the wall and gently put nut certs in the top of the fridge (being careful not to drill into the cooling coils) and mounted the thing back to the wall... This was not easy but it had to be done. 4 years later and over 30,000 miles all is well.

pictures to follow
9af23cb61740a2a5c1ac2149f64ff436.jpg
66f614874df90e2ed2b045a98bd386d4.jpg