Thread: Modification for side by side refer and water line for refer at slideout wheel well.

1. Print this Post   #1

Modification for side by side refer and water line for refer at slideout wheel well.

I own a 2015 Landmark Savannah last 6 of vin 284014. I cannot believe there are only two screws holding the refer in the slideout, I had to jam pipe insulation on the side to eliminate movement. I think the refer should not be in a slide, it needs a permanent mounting; also I have replaced the water line 5 times at the wheel well because it develops cracks with the constant movement of the slide.
    These items need a permanent platform.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Modification for side by side refer and water line for refer at slideout wheel well.

You may be able to eliminate the water line problems by replacing the poly line with a braided stainless icemaker water line.

Peace
    Dave
    Dave and Mary
    and C. J.
    2011 Bighorn 3585RL

2013 RAM 3500, CC, DRW, Aisin
    Heartland Owners Club
    Member #1026

Owners Club Membership is now free! Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

Re: Modification for side by side refer and water line for refer at slideout wheel well.

Retired USN:

You might want to think about removing your icemaker to get more freezer storage room, and buy a tabletop icemaker like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-26l...0aAjNSEALw_wcBe

These have no water lines to leak (you fill a reservoir), make a small amount of hollow cylinder ice "cubes" every 12 minutes (your built in icemaker takes 4 hours to make a tray of ice) until the sensor says the ice container is full. I keep mine on the floor near the entrance door. Works great, and you can usually find these for a pretty good sale price ($90) in spring/early summer in Walmart stores.
    Bill Knight KJ6TBE
    Retired 40 Year Hospital Biomedical Electronics Technician
    Former State Chairman (2000) California Medical Instrumentation Association (CMIA)
    2008 Bighorn 3670RL
    My Bighorn Upgrades
    See:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

2004 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins 5.9
    B-D Exhaust Brake
    Ride Rite Air Bags
    Valvoline 15-40 High Mileage Diesel Oil
    XDP Diesel Power Plus Fuel Additive

At a Thousand Trails in Southern California

21 Heartland Rallies I Have Attended
    See: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_PRxlhCp1l7IXgiVIBJmCtX3viJ9NaykR8_b81W9CVU/edit?usp=sharing

Thousand Trails Elite Membership

Support this Forum! Join the Heartland Owners Club at the "Owners Club" Tab at the top of this Page!!!
    Remember The USS Liberty . . . Read: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/margolis12.html
    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth"

4. Print this Post   #4

I have a 2014 Savannah and replaced the water line with a stainless braided line. Just hooked to the plastic and pulled through to fridge.

If you take the wood facia off above the fridge you should see a bracket from the top of the fridge screwed into the wall as support besides the screws on the floor.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW CC King Ranch
    2014 Landmark Savannah

5. Print this Post   #5
    Senior Member Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn's Avatar

We had the same issue with our 2015 Ashland. It was leaning over to the left and all cattywampas. The dealer put 4 screws and a piece of angel iron on the top rear to correct this, however they never fixed the underlying issue of the un-level floor under the fridge. On our first trip out after their repair, the fridge ripped away from the wall and dumped everything on the floor.
    Well I figured I need to just pull it out and do it right. I pulled the fridge out and put small plywood spacers under the wheels in the back right side to get it level. Then I swapped out the water line with the steel breaded line. I installed wall anchors into the wall and gently put nut certs in the top of the fridge (being careful not to drill into the cooling coils) and mounted the thing back to the wall... This was not easy but it had to be done. 4 years later and over 30,000 miles all is well.

pictures to follow
    The Jess's
    Jerrod & Rhonda
    Zoey (Our Princess of the Palace)
    2015 Landmark 365 Ashland (Project LM 365)
    2008 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax (retired)
    2017 Ford Super Duty F-350 Platinum

Link to my 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland Modifications