Utah question

Tidyboy

Who is familiar with Utah highway 12 between Capital Reef and Bryce? I know it gets near 10,000 feet. I know nothing about the grades. I have a 25' Heartland Wilderness. The weight will be around 6300 lbs (max 6900) and I'll be towing it with a late model GMC Sierra 1500 with tow package. Should I be concerned?

MTPockets

Hwy 12, love it! We spent the summer of 2015 from April to September in Escalante, UT and travelled 12 several times, including Capital Reef and beyond. It’s a beautiful drive, plenty of curves, a couple steep grades (8% as I recall), and one 14% but not very long. We towed our 35 ft. Big Horn both ways and never gave it a thought. We had friends with a 28 ft. Trailer visit and said they got nervous on the drive. Like I said, I would not hesitate at all, in fact it’s a don’t miss!

WillyBill

hwy 12, love it! We spent the summer of 2015 from april to september in escalante, ut and travelled 12 several times, including capital reef and beyond. It’s a beautiful drive, plenty of curves, a couple steep grades (8% as i recall), and one 14% but not very long. We towed our 35 ft. Big horn both ways and never gave it a thought. We had friends with a 28 ft. Trailer visit and said they got nervous on the drive. Like i said, i would not hesitate at all, in fact it’s a don’t miss!

x2
wb