Backup Camera

Any suggestions on a decent back up camera that wont break the bank? Our trailer is pre wired for a camera, and I have look at Amazon but prices seems to have such a large range.
Thanks for helping a newbie

Bill

jmarnell

We use the Furrion Observation camera. Works well and has the advantage of staying on for a constant rear view as you're driving. Better than just a backup camera.

CoveredWagon

We have the Furrion observationcamera as well. If you buy from Amazon buy the one WITH the mount, it's less expensive.

We use the Furrion Observation camera. Works well and has the advantage of staying on for a constant rear view as you're driving. Better than just a backup camera.

New owner of 2018 RW427. Going to install a rear observation camera soon. Would you be willing to give the model number of the camera you're recommending? I suspect one can figure out what is important but nothing beats a good referral.

CoveredWagon

New owner of 2018 RW427. Going to install a rear observation camera soon. Would you be willing to give the model number of the camera you're recommending? I suspect one can figure out what is important but nothing beats a good referral.

I can't swear to it, but I'm quite sure it is Furrion observation camera. #FOS43TASF I prefer the observation camera as you can leave it on all the time while driving. It lets me see when I am clear when passing. Just one more safety device.

jmarnell

Our model is FOS48TA-BL. The mounting bracket was already on the Cyclone so this model doesn't have the bracket. If you need the bracket it's FOS48TAPK-BL.

CoveredWagon

I would go with what John said. I couldn't actually find the paper work on mine. I bought the one WITH the mount as it was actually less expensive.

Oregon_Camper

If you're still looking, I just posted a new video on YouTube, showing the install of the new Furrion 4 Camera solution. Note..I still need to add the camera over the door, so my current install is only using 3 of the 4 cameras.

I just backed into our site about 1 hour ago and the new rear camera has a microphone that send audio to the display. I am shocked at how well it works. I asked my wife i she was yelling, she said "Nope..I was simply talking in normal voice"....AWESOME!!!

Here is the link to the video on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Zzi68Njnk-A

Thanks. Look like wife bought me a backup and side camera (Haloview) Quick question. I know this may vary between a lot of people, but for the most part are the wiring for running lights color coded? I watched several videos and many of the wires were all black and they had to determine + or -

Thanks

Bill

https://youtu.be/Zzi68Njnk-A[/QUOTE]

wdk450

I bought this system in September and am happy with it: https://www.amazon.com/ZEROXCLUB-In...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Actually, I bought the same item off E-Bay, as I don't have Amazon Prime, and it was free shipping on E-Bay. The description on Amazon is better on the item.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZEROXCLUB-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I did a test after installing the camera by driving the truck away across the park, and got a good signal over a block away. It does have some dropouts driving at highway speeds, but I bought this to assist when I am slowly backing into a space, so I am OK with that.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks. Look like wife bought me a backup and side camera (Haloview) Quick question. I know this may vary between a lot of people, but for the most part are the wiring for running lights color coded? I watched several videos and many of the wires were all black and they had to determine + or -

Thanks

Bill

https://youtu.be/Zzi68Njnk-A

Bill...as you saw in my video, the colors are not standard (at least in my Bighorn) Just grab a voltmeter and touch both wires if you get a negative reading, you have them reversed.

BTW...you have my video for the Furrion camera system listed above. I just posted a new video for the Haloview on Sunday. Great timing. :cool: This was installed on my friends RV. Hope the video helps your install process.

https://youtu.be/S4RirAZ1xKg

wdk450

FYI: if you are planning on using your center clearance light for a voltage source for the camera, you might want to try this in a test setup, and maybe measure the voltage available there with a voltmeter. I found that due to wiring voltage losses from the front umbilical cable connector to the rear center clearance light, and the amount of current that all of those incandescent bulbs were pulling, that I only had 7.5 VDC at the rear center clearance light. I swapped all of the clearance and taillight bulbs to LEDs, but that still didn't raise the voltage enough to reliably power the 12 volt camera. I had to get out my wire pulling rods from Harbor Freight Tools, and snake a 2 wire cable up along the rear cap side to the side clearance light, then over to the center clearance light. I wired the power into the rear stabilizer switch and installed a toggle switch for the camera in the rear stabilizer switch faceplate.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Installed the rear Haloview today and it went very smoothly. I am not sure I like the fact that I had to coil the excess extension, and zip tied them together and anchored the coil on the roof. I tried the AC cover but there was not really a great place for the coil. Guess we will see.

As far as the side camera's, I am going to have to think about location as the running lights towards the bottom front, the camera will block the storage hatch (both sides). There is another running light about in the middle of the camper where there is enough clearance, but I think that might defeat the purpose. Anyone else ran into this issue?

@Oregon_Camper, in your video you had the side cameras mounted high, did you run into any issues with the field of view?

Thanks

Bill Schuyler
2018 North Trail 26BRLS

sjandbj

Does anyone have a update to the Haloview rear cameras. I am looking to add a camera while I have the ceroplast bottom off to replace the dump valves and the level up hoses. I am considering pulling a power cable now but not sure if any other cables might be needed.

Steve

jbeletti

My son has that brand on his longer Sundance travel trailer. He says it’s pretty good. It does glitch out (gets jittery) at times. For the cost - he’s happy.

sjandbj

Thanks Jim....If there is something better out there now I would be open to any system that does not need to be hard wired to the truck. I have no problem running cables underneath the basement now.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim....If there is something better out there now I would be open to any system that does not need to be hard wired to the truck. I have no problem running cables underneath the basement now.
Not as cost effective as the Haloview would be the Furrion product. I've been very satisfied with my 4 camera setup. It's their Vision S product.

Dahillbilly

have the Furrion S7 system & luv it; no problems on a 40' 5th wheel; currently using two cameras- one on the rear & one inside the garage keeping an eye on the Harley.