Fuel Tank Popping

TX_Clay

2015 Cyclone CY3010 - Have noticed lately the fuel tank popping as cool mornings turn into hot days and again in the evening as it cools off. I can't recall hearing this before now and we spend almost every weekend in the RV. Is there a vent that I need to check or where would I start looking?

LBR

I've found that I can relieve some pressure buildup in both gas tanks with the cap positioning. I stumbled across this after I had completely topped of the tanks, then set boondock camp. One afternoon we smelled gas in the garage after returning from an offroading adventure. In the 90+° weather, the gas was coming out the tank vent and dripping underneath the garage.

I screwed both caps on until they clicked tight, then backed off that ~3/4 turn to where they became taunt, and left them there. It relieved the pressure buildup on thise gas tanks after doing so....worth a try @ no cost.

WillyBill

On my older Cyclone the fuel tank vent is on the door side on top near the outer end. Have been known to get wasp nests plugging it up.

WB

hboy1

2015 Cyclone CY3010 - Is there a vent that I need to check or where would I start looking?

Are you sure it's the fuel tank? The auto level system can 'creak/pop' and it's most noticeable during the morning hours when temps rise, and evening when temps cool.... I hear the popping noise coming from near the auto level jacks.

Mine didn't start popping for a few years after it was new. It's not an uncommon problem. If you find that it's not your fuel tank and could be your leveling rams, there is a fix put out by LCI. Basically adding one quart of their approved fork oil to the Hydraulic tank. Sorry if this ain't your problem.