Front Diamond Plate on Pioneer

propst

Hi, I have a question for people. If you push on your front black plastic diamond plate does it push in a bit in some spots and other spots not at all? Mine seems to have a 1/2" or so air gap behind it in some spots. When it gets really warm it looks like it has a dent in the front and then it will go away when it cools down at night. I just bought the Pioneer BH250 last week.

Thanks! Dave

danemayer

Hi propst,

Congratulations on the new Pioneer and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

While I don't have a Pioneer or front diamond plate, I'd be surprised if it was mounted to a solid surface that fully backed the diamond plate. More likely it's attached around the edges and maybe a few other points. The fiberglas under the pin box on our Landmark doesn't have a full backing either.

But I'm sure another Pioneer owner can relate what they have and how much flex there is.

jerryjay11

You may want to recheck that diamond plate material as our RL250 has an aluminum diamond plate and yes there is give as you found. It appears to be used as the outer skin of the TT. We've had this TT for over a year, travelled DE to RI to ME to CT and back to DE. Last April a trip to TN and back. No issues with the plating.