2020 Torque 373 maybe next year....

kjsieloff

Hey all,
I joined this site to do research on the Torque, versus the Cyclone, versus the Road Warrior, and so I can interact with the folks that have these toy haulers.

About us - Hubby and I are looking at retiring one year from now...HOPEFULLY!!! We currently own a bumper pull toy hauler, we want to upgrade to a fifth wheel toy hauler. The three that have our attention right now are the new 2020 Torque 373, the Cyclone 4007 and I know Road Warrior has a 2020 model that's very similar. Right now our first choice is the Torque. That's ultimately why I'm here.

I've already figured out a lot of things, but the biggest question is what's the difference between the Cyclone and the Torque - weight....I know - But what did they leave out of the Torque. I know the Torque is shorter, the Torque has 2 axles, the Cyclone has 3....I assume insulation is probably less in the Torque...

Can anyone offer me anything to look at to compare?

thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!
Kathy and Lloyd

kjsieloff

AND, I have another question - I saw on a brochure where you could order a GLASS three season door with the Cyclone. Do you have that option with a Torque? Sorry, not sure where else to put this question - it would be a factory question, but I don't own a Heartland yet, so don't have a VIN...

Dmetcalf

We are planning on retiring in the next 12-18 months as well. We researched and attended RV shows to walk in and see and feel the different between a couple different ones. We ended up with the Cyclone 4007. We actually were up in Goshen and took a tour at the toy hauler factory where it was built. We have owned a number of RV’s over the years and this is our second fifth wheel toy hauler. The quality is far superior in our opinion vs other manufacturers and this particular unit met all of our needs. So far it has been very comfortable and fun to use. It does take a bit to get use to pulling such a long rig but it does seem to pull easily. We plan to go full time in this right after we retire so I’ll report after that occurs. Good luck and enjoy ..!!

8404fmfvet

I have a 19 TQ371, the difference between the Cyclone, RW, and Torque you will find is floor plans, and interior bells and whistles. But for the most part the guts are the same. So when I say interior bells and whistles I mean things like counters fixtures faucets toilets and what not are up graded to residential quality and less plastic but with those up grades comes weight. To me the Cyclone and RW have nicer interiors as far as extra spice goes. The Torque is nice also it’s just plane Jane, but if your going to be full timing, the things you bring with you will lighten the place up and it won’t look as generic. This of course is my opinion.

kjsieloff

Thank you so much for the info...

We currently do not plan to be full-timers. Maybe extended trips, but not full-timers. And we plan to do mostly boondocking. The idea that there's no extra bells and whistles, electronics, fireplaces, etc is actually perfect for us. One of the things that attracted me to the Torque 373 in the first place is there isn't a fireplace in the dresser in the master bedroom.

kjsieloff

So here's another dilema I'm finding. I can find every other brand of Heartland toyhauler here in Arizona on a lot somewhere to take a look at - the closest Torque 373 fifth wheel I've found so far is in Nevada. And I can count the number of other torque fifth wheel toyhaulers I've found in Arizona on one hand. How does that work? I don't want to buy a toy hauler without walking into it first, and I am not fond of the idea of having to purchase it out of state. I was on Heartland's website, and clicked on the "find a dealer" button - it took me to La Mesa for my area. La Mesa doesn't have torque fifth wheels on their lot, only the travel trailers. Does anyone have any insight on how this whole thing works - for example, the Fuel specifically for Camping World, etc?? Is it a region thing? Or am I just being impatient, and they will eventually show up in Arizona???

danemayer

So here's another dilema I'm finding. I can find every other brand of Heartland toyhauler here in Arizona on a lot somewhere to take a look at - the closest Torque 373 fifth wheel I've found so far is in Nevada. And I can count the number of other torque fifth wheel toyhaulers I've found in Arizona on one hand. How does that work? I don't want to buy a toy hauler without walking into it first, and I am not fond of the idea of having to purchase it out of state. I was on Heartland's website, and clicked on the "find a dealer" button - it took me to La Mesa for my area. La Mesa doesn't have torque fifth wheels on their lot, only the travel trailers. Does anyone have any insight on how this whole thing works - for example, the Fuel specifically for Camping World, etc?? Is it a region thing? Or am I just being impatient, and they will eventually show up in Arizona???

It may be helpful to separate this into 2 parts: where to see a Torque 373 up close, and where to purchase. You should take the second aspect first; call La Mesa and see if they are actually authorized to sell Torque, and whether they can order one for you. If yes, then you could visit Nevada to see one.

kjsieloff

Hi Dan,
Yeah, that option has occurred to me. I have been in contact with La Mesa. The salesman I have been talking to can't tell me if they are going to get one on the lot for me to look at, but did say they can order one for me. I'm not enthused about having to take a full weekend to go look at the trailer though, I'd like to do it in a day, and without having to get on a plane to do that. I realize I might have to do it that way, but I also wasn't really liking the idea of having to deal with La Mesa again. We bought our last toy hauler from there, and we decided their customer service after they got our money was less than desired.

david-steph2018

Hey all,
I joined this site to do research on the Torque, versus the Cyclone, versus the Road Warrior, and so I can interact with the folks that have these toy haulers.

About us - Hubby and I are looking at retiring one year from now...HOPEFULLY!!! We currently own a bumper pull toy hauler, we want to upgrade to a fifth wheel toy hauler. The three that have our attention right now are the new 2020 Torque 373, the Cyclone 4007 and I know Road Warrior has a 2020 model that's very similar. Right now our first choice is the Torque. That's ultimately why I'm here.

I've already figured out a lot of things, but the biggest question is what's the difference between the Cyclone and the Torque - weight....I know - But what did they leave out of the Torque. I know the Torque is shorter, the Torque has 2 axles, the Cyclone has 3....I assume insulation is probably less in the Torque...

Can anyone offer me anything to look at to compare?

thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!
Kathy and Lloyd
Hello, we just sold our house and went full time in our Road Warrior 427. One thing we saw at the factory tour was with the Road Warriors and Cyclone the pin box was heavier built compared to a Torque or Fuel. In the Road Warrior and Cyclone they doubled the framing on the pin box area because of the weight of the units. Not sure but check the leveling system and compare these to the units Road Warrior have a 6 point system hydraulic leveling system. Not sure if the Torque and Fuels do or not they may have something different. Appliances may be different compared to each line.

kjsieloff

Hi David-Steph, thank you for that info. I was pretty sure about the different appliances, the pinbox I didn't know. Good info! Thank you!

BLR

Hi Dan,
Yeah, that option has occurred to me. I have been in contact with La Mesa. The salesman I have been talking to can't tell me if they are going to get one on the lot for me to look at, but did say they can order one for me. I'm not enthused about having to take a full weekend to go look at the trailer though, I'd like to do it in a day, and without having to get on a plane to do that. I realize I might have to do it that way, but I also wasn't really liking the idea of having to deal with La Mesa again. We bought our last toy hauler from there, and we decided their customer service after they got our money was less than desired.
We took a chance in 2016, Our 1st TH but not our 1st RV..
We loved the floor plan of a Cyclone 4018..
The closest one to us was literally 1000 miles away. No way were we paying for plane fair or driving that far to look at one.
We ordered one site unseen.
Much to our surprise it wasn't the graphics or color we were expecting..loved the new graphics and lighter color.
2nd best thing we ended up with the newer appliances...ours is a late 2017 edition.

We have only had one issue and that was a slide..we got that fixed and we have officially lived in our new home for 2 years and don't miss our S&B.

Sent from BLR Logistics

kjsieloff

We are planning on retiring in the next 12-18 months as well. We researched and attended RV shows to walk in and see and feel the different between a couple different ones. We ended up with the Cyclone 4007. We actually were up in Goshen and took a tour at the toy hauler factory where it was built. We have owned a number of RV’s over the years and this is our second fifth wheel toy hauler. The quality is far superior in our opinion vs other manufacturers and this particular unit met all of our needs. So far it has been very comfortable and fun to use. It does take a bit to get use to pulling such a long rig but it does seem to pull easily. We plan to go full time in this right after we retire so I’ll report after that occurs. Good luck and enjoy ..!!

The one you have is second on our list, pretty much because of the floor plan. It is a beautiful toy hauler!! I'm looking at the torque because it seems better suited to dry camping.

- - - Updated - - -

The salesman in Tucson has told me the dealership doesn't have any on order, nor does he think they plan to. However, for a deposit, he can have one shipped in from the factory for me to look at, with the stipulation that I will buy it if it fits our needs. Otherwise we get our deposit back. I told him no thank you, I don't want to be committed to something I'm not financially ready to purchase just yet...even if it does fit our needs. So I ask again....what would it take to get a dealer to bring them into AZ to sell - without someone like me having to commit to buying it? Why doesn't Heartland sell Torque Fifth wheels in Arizona without someone like me having to order it?

kjsieloff

Wow...You guys gotta know I'm a research junkie, and now I'm very thankful I am. This toy hauler is now out of the question for us. Our toy we have to put in this trailer takes up nearly every bit of the CCC listed for this trailer, meaning we can't put anything else in it. CCC for this trailer is right around 2500 lbs. Our toy is kinda heavy, nearly 2000 lbs by itself. I'm not interested in paying approx $70k for a trailer we might constantly overload, and eventually tear up in the end. Do your homework folks, know the weight of the cargo you are carrying. Back to the drawing board for us!