Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2020 Torque 373 maybe next year....

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: 2020 Torque 373 maybe next year....

Quote Originally Posted by kjsieloff View Post
    Hi Dan,
    Yeah, that option has occurred to me. I have been in contact with La Mesa. The salesman I have been talking to can't tell me if they are going to get one on the lot for me to look at, but did say they can order one for me. I'm not enthused about having to take a full weekend to go look at the trailer though, I'd like to do it in a day, and without having to get on a plane to do that. I realize I might have to do it that way, but I also wasn't really liking the idea of having to deal with La Mesa again. We bought our last toy hauler from there, and we decided their customer service after they got our money was less than desired.
    We took a chance in 2016, Our 1st TH but not our 1st RV..
    We loved the floor plan of a Cyclone 4018..
    The closest one to us was literally 1000 miles away. No way were we paying for plane fair or driving that far to look at one.
    We ordered one site unseen.
    Much to our surprise it wasn't the graphics or color we were expecting..loved the new graphics and lighter color.
    2nd best thing we ended up with the newer appliances...ours is a late 2017 edition.

We have only had one issue and that was a slide..we got that fixed and we have officially lived in our new home for 2 years and don't miss our S&B.

Sent from BLR Logistics

2. Print this Post   #12

Thanks BLR, that makes me feel a little better...:-) Yours has that huge garage on it...how do you like it?

3. Print this Post   #13

Quote Originally Posted by kjsieloff View Post
    Thanks BLR, that makes me feel a little better...:-) Yours has that huge garage on it...how do you like it?
    We bought it for the garage area, use it as our main living area

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

4. Print this Post   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
    We are planning on retiring in the next 12-18 months as well. We researched and attended RV shows to walk in and see and feel the different between a couple different ones. We ended up with the Cyclone 4007. We actually were up in Goshen and took a tour at the toy hauler factory where it was built. We have owned a number of RVís over the years and this is our second fifth wheel toy hauler. The quality is far superior in our opinion vs other manufacturers and this particular unit met all of our needs. So far it has been very comfortable and fun to use. It does take a bit to get use to pulling such a long rig but it does seem to pull easily. We plan to go full time in this right after we retire so Iíll report after that occurs. Good luck and enjoy ..!!
    The one you have is second on our list, pretty much because of the floor plan. It is a beautiful toy hauler!! I'm looking at the torque because it seems better suited to dry camping.

- - - Updated - - -

The salesman in Tucson has told me the dealership doesn't have any on order, nor does he think they plan to. However, for a deposit, he can have one shipped in from the factory for me to look at, with the stipulation that I will buy it if it fits our needs. Otherwise we get our deposit back. I told him no thank you, I don't want to be committed to something I'm not financially ready to purchase just yet...even if it does fit our needs. So I ask again....what would it take to get a dealer to bring them into AZ to sell - without someone like me having to commit to buying it? Why doesn't Heartland sell Torque Fifth wheels in Arizona without someone like me having to order it?

5. Print this Post   #15

Wow...You guys gotta know I'm a research junkie, and now I'm very thankful I am. This toy hauler is now out of the question for us. Our toy we have to put in this trailer takes up nearly every bit of the CCC listed for this trailer, meaning we can't put anything else in it. CCC for this trailer is right around 2500 lbs. Our toy is kinda heavy, nearly 2000 lbs by itself. I'm not interested in paying approx $70k for a trailer we might constantly overload, and eventually tear up in the end. Do your homework folks, know the weight of the cargo you are carrying. Back to the drawing board for us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2