sold used camper as new

dadnjesse

I bought a new 2108 Big Counter from campers Inn in Kingston NH. the bill of sale say's new, was advertised as new. I had questions about some roof bubbles that the dealer claims in normal, so I called Heartland to ask what they thought, he began by asking me the Vin number, He advised me I was not the original owner, that it had been previously registered. He asked for the sales receipt and said he would contact Campers Inn and find out more. If this is true what recourse do I have? I can't believe a dealer would do this.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It could be a paperwork mistake. Our warranty paperwork was originally turned into Heartland with the wrong VIN number. We found out when trying to get info on parts from Heartland. So it could be a simple mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadnjesse

I hope this is indeed a mistake I can't imagine the dealer would do this, my paperwork stated it as new as did the ad. But when I was signing for the sale the finance lady mentioned the bank wouldn't give me the extended years on the loan because they considered it used, she said because it was a 2018, maybe they could see it had been previously owned.

avvidclif

If Heartland shows it as sold and the vin registered to another person somebody made a mistake. HINT: the bank loan officers statement might tell you who. Go to your state DMV and run the vin and see what comes up.

danemayer

You might have signed a NH title application form and may have a copy in your paperwork. Hopefully you didn't sign a title transfer form, which would indicate another person previously held title.

dadnjesse

You might have signed a NH title application form and may have a copy in your paperwork. Hopefully you didn't sign a title transfer form, which would indicate another person previously held title.
I just checked I signed a application for title form. I haven't been to the DMV to register yet, been putting that off.

danemayer

Let's keep in mind that some areas of discussion are prohibited by forum rules. If you have such advice, please send a PM.

dadnjesse

I talked to the manager at Campers Inn today, he said the person who registered the camper on Heartlands website finance's fell through and they never bought it, he said he was going to contact Heartland and let them know and assured me the camper was new, he later called me back and said he sent them the documents that the camper was never sold. I am going to call Heartland tomorrow to confirm this. According to the manager the rig never left the lot. I still have my guard up but hopefully he's telling me the truth.

danemayer

I talked to the manager at Campers Inn today, he said the person who registered the camper on Heartlands website finance's fell through and they never bought it, he said he was going to contact Heartland and let them know and assured me the camper was new, he later called me back and said he sent them the documents that the camper was never sold. I am going to call Heartland tomorrow to confirm this. According to the manager the rig never left the lot. I still have my guard up but hopefully he's telling me the truth.

I believe the dealer sends in the registration, so it's possible they thought they had everything all set and then something blew up with the financing. I think the title paperwork, once submitted to the state, can't be withdrawn. So if that never happened, the state probably regards it as a new trailer.

dadnjesse

I believe the dealer sends in the registration, so it's possible they thought they had everything all set and then something blew up with the financing. I think the title paperwork, once submitted to the state, can't be withdrawn. So if that never happened, the state probably regards it as a new trailer.
I received an application for title not transfer of title, I believe that means it has never been titled to anyone.

wdk450

Like you previously said this mistake somewhat affected your financing. You may want to go back to your lender with this news (maybe have the dealer backing you up), and see if you get a better deal.

avvidclif

I wouldn't worry about the bank since you evidently got the deal you wanted. What I would worry about is the Heartland warranty. No warranty on a new RV while you work out the new bugs doesn't appeal to me.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The only worry about the financing would be the interest rate.

Used RV's typically are tagged with a much higher interest rate than a brand new RV.

Might be worth checking this out...

dadnjesse

Called Heartland today they said that Campers Inn verified the camper wasn't previously sold and it has a full warranty.