Apollo/Master Chef microwave/confection oven

Bobby A

This is our third microwave/confection oven in the last 10 years. The last two have performed wonderful for my wife who loves to make banana bread. This new one just purchase from Apollo model # AD-34-BIS-B not so much. Does anyone have this newer unit ?? And are you having good/negative results ?? Please let me know. We would like to talk to you.
Thank you,
Bobby A

Bobby A

This is our third microwave/confection oven in the last 10 years. The last two have performed wonderful for my wife who loves to make banana bread. This new one just purchase from Apollo model # AD-34-BIS-B not so much. Does anyone have this newer unit ?? And are you having good/negative results ?? Please let me know. We would like to talk to you.
Thank you,
Bobby A

Update,
Well and update on a year long dilemma has ended and I wanted to share. As I stated above my wife has a wonderful banana bread recipe and has made hundreds of loves in the last 10 years in our rig. The new confection/ microwave has given her problems ever since I installed it last May, until today !! She followed the owners manual to a T. Well, I told her to review it one last time before we request a refund or a new one as this may be defective. She decided to use the rack instead of the tray that she has used many many times. Well, that has been the difference from making bread that does not rise, to perfect banana bread !! So, the moral of the story, if your having trouble with making banana bread that does not rise, than use the rack and not the tray, and read the fine print in the owners manual. She has found out not all confections ovens are the same.

Bobby A

wdk450

FYI
From Wikipedia:
"Confectionery is the art of making confections, which are food items that are rich in sugar and carbohydrates."

"
A convection oven (also known as a fan-assisted oven or simply a fan oven) is an oven that has fans to circulate air around food, using the convection mechanism to cook food faster than a conventional oven."

I will be glad to sample confections made in your convection oven, though!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And our 10+ year old Apollo microwave/convection oven just keeps on keeping on. We haven’t replaced any of the OEM appliances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby A

Well guys,
She loves her confection ovens, they get used alot !!! LOL, my wife would be glad to make you banana bread Bill. John, I think you were able to get a loaf didn't ya ?? Well if you didn't, there is another reason to come back to visit.

Bobby

LBR

While I chuckled when reading the OPs initial post on the intentional/unintentional spelling of convection, it is a cool "word".

I think this term should be added to Wikipedia and widely accepted amongst bakers who use the convection oven.....quite the catchy term, IMO!!....