Landmark Louisville BLACK Tank/ SHOWER Connected

CDN

B and B
Today while showering the shower pan started to back up. Ok been on Electrical site for 7 days about time for a dump. Go dump grey tank still backed up. Flushed the commode and guess what happened next. Found the easiest way to drain the shower is to dump the black tank. Find that Heartland had connected the shower some 8 ft away to the Black Tank vent. Called dealer and sought approval for a Field Shop repair. Drove to the nearest town and bought fittings for a re-plumb on the shower drain.We are out for a 8 day festival next week with no dump so this had to be done.

I have no idea why they would do this other than being confused which vent is what, The grey tank 1 vent is no where near here. It vents through the washer connection to the roof.

I had rerouted the Washer drain when I enlarged the basement. Easy addition of several fittings to bend it around the the trap. This actual meets code here, vent is within 16 inches.

IMG_5682.JPG

Old Capped off vent for the Black Tank. This attached to provide support for the vertical run, I left the stub there to retain this. Not to mention the Convertor, Transfer Switch and Prossive EMS are mounted just below this. I removed 8 feet of pipe on the shower drain as well. The Grey tank 2 vent for Kitchen is about 8 inches to right.

IMG_5681.JPG

CDN

B and B
Follow up on this thread. Heartland reimbursed me for the materials and field supplies to do this modification to repair a manufacturing issue,