Grey 1 / Grey 2 - Wilderness 3125 BH

Determs

Hi all, first time poster here. I have done a lot of research and basically have come to the conclusion that it's not possible so I'm doing a last ditch effort...call it a hail mary to see if anyone can help.

In the 2017 Wilderness 3125 BH, we have 2 grey tanks. We never use the shower and were hoping to combine the two tanks as others talk about for more capacity. The problem is the undercarriage is sealed so I cannot find the pipes to see if there is a connection I can make between the two. From what I can tell is there is no way to join the two tanks.

Has anyone tried this, specifically with a 3125 BH?

Thank you all very much!

Shawn

Last edited:

LBR

Hi all, first time poster here. I have done a lot of research and basically have come to the conclusion that it's not possible so I'm doing a last ditch effort...call it a hail mary to see if anyone can help.

In the 207 Wilderness 3125 BH, we have 2 grey tanks. We never use the shower and were hoping to combine the two tanks as others talk about for more capacity. The problem is the undercarriage is sealed so I cannot find the pipes to see if there is a connection I can make between the two. From what I can tell is there is no way to join the two tanks.

Has anyone tried this, specifically with a 3125 BH?

Thank you all very much!

Shawn
Does that trailer have both gray tanks dumping out the same outlet?

If so, add a gate valve at the outlet end, keep it closed, and you can then combine both grays.

Determs

Thank you for the information, the problem is that they come out of 2 different outlets. The "shower" outlet already has one of those gate valves but the 1st outlet (the one shared with the black water) doesn't. I don't want to accidentally send sewage into my grey tanks.

Does that trailer have both gray tanks dumping out the same outlet?

If so, add a gate valve at the outlet end, keep it closed, and you can then combine both grays.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thank you for the information, the problem is that they come out of 2 different outlets. The "shower" outlet already has one of those gate valves but the 1st outlet (the one shared with the black water) doesn't. I don't want to accidentally send sewage into my grey tanks.

Basically, almost all RV's share the same dump gate with both the black and gray tanks.

Millions upon millions of RV'ers over the years have not had issues doing this.

You are worrying about nothing.

Determs

Not really the issue I'm trying to solve though. When we go out for a week at a time, we fill the gray tank #1 and the gray tank #2 (different outlet) is never used. I want to know how to connect the two outlets into 1 so I can have a larger gray tank capacity.

Basically, almost all RV's share the same dump gate with both the black and gray tanks.

Millions upon millions of RV'ers over the years have not had issues doing this.

You are worrying about nothing.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Not really the issue I'm trying to solve though. When we go out for a week at a time, we fill the gray tank #1 and the gray tank #2 (different outlet) is never used. I want to know how to connect the two outlets into 1 so I can have a larger gray tank capacity.

I was talking about your worry of sending black water into the gray tank.

The other project has been done, but not sure if you'll find it worth the effort.

LBR

Sounds like you have 3 viable options...

1) drop the coroplast and plumb the 2 outlets that service your gray tanks together if possible.....remember that if the 2 tanks are not mounted water level, you won't get 100% equalization....smh no.

2) add a shutoff to the outlet of the one without and connect a sewer hose between the 2 outlets....with a helper, 1 person can operate the gate valves while the other hoists the hose up to force water from/to proper directions... remember that you will spill gray water out of the hose when unhooking.....smh no.

3) invest in a blue boy, sized large enough to extend your gray water stays accordingly...smh yes.