Thread: Grey 1 / Grey 2 - Wilderness 3125 BH

1. Print this Post   #1

Grey 1 / Grey 2 - Wilderness 3125 BH

Hi all, first time poster here. I have done a lot of research and basically have come to the conclusion that it's not possible so I'm doing a last ditch effort...call it a hail mary to see if anyone can help.

In the 2017 Wilderness 3125 BH, we have 2 grey tanks. We never use the shower and were hoping to combine the two tanks as others talk about for more capacity. The problem is the undercarriage is sealed so I cannot find the pipes to see if there is a connection I can make between the two. From what I can tell is there is no way to join the two tanks.

Has anyone tried this, specifically with a 3125 BH?

Thank you all very much!

Shawn
    Last edited by Determs; 1 Week Ago at 09:54 AM.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Grey 1 / Grey 2 - Wilderness 3125 BH

Quote Originally Posted by Determs View Post
    Hi all, first time poster here. I have done a lot of research and basically have come to the conclusion that it's not possible so I'm doing a last ditch effort...call it a hail mary to see if anyone can help.

In the 207 Wilderness 3125 BH, we have 2 grey tanks. We never use the shower and were hoping to combine the two tanks as others talk about for more capacity. The problem is the undercarriage is sealed so I cannot find the pipes to see if there is a connection I can make between the two. From what I can tell is there is no way to join the two tanks.

Has anyone tried this, specifically with a 3125 BH?

Thank you all very much!

Shawn
    Does that trailer have both gray tanks dumping out the same outlet?

If so, add a gate valve at the outlet end, keep it closed, and you can then combine both grays.

3. Print this Post   #3

This is a link to to the gate you need to add. We do what you're thinking of doing on long Boondocking trips, but we use the shower and allow that tank to equalize to the kitchen sink tank.

https://amzn.to/2Kprrlf

4. Print this Post   #4

Thank you for the information, the problem is that they come out of 2 different outlets. The "shower" outlet already has one of those gate valves but the 1st outlet (the one shared with the black water) doesn't. I don't want to accidentally send sewage into my grey tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Does that trailer have both gray tanks dumping out the same outlet?

If so, add a gate valve at the outlet end, keep it closed, and you can then combine both grays.

5. Print this Post   #5

Thank you for the information, the problem is that they come out of 2 different outlets. The "shower" outlet already has one of those gate valves but the 1st outlet (the one shared with the black water) doesn't. I don't want to accidentally send sewage into my grey tanks.
    Basically, almost all RV's share the same dump gate with both the black and gray tanks.

Millions upon millions of RV'ers over the years have not had issues doing this.

You are worrying about nothing.
    Yuma AZ

Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page

No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

----My Heartlands have been to:

6. Print this Post   #6

Not really the issue I'm trying to solve though. When we go out for a week at a time, we fill the gray tank #1 and the gray tank #2 (different outlet) is never used. I want to know how to connect the two outlets into 1 so I can have a larger gray tank capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Basically, almost all RV's share the same dump gate with both the black and gray tanks.

Millions upon millions of RV'ers over the years have not had issues doing this.

You are worrying about nothing.

7. Print this Post   #7

Not really the issue I'm trying to solve though. When we go out for a week at a time, we fill the gray tank #1 and the gray tank #2 (different outlet) is never used. I want to know how to connect the two outlets into 1 so I can have a larger gray tank capacity.
    I was talking about your worry of sending black water into the gray tank.

The other project has been done, but not sure if you'll find it worth the effort.
    Yuma AZ

Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page

No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

----My Heartlands have been to:

8. Print this Post   #8

Sounds like you have 3 viable options...

1) drop the coroplast and plumb the 2 outlets that service your gray tanks together if possible.....remember that if the 2 tanks are not mounted water level, you won't get 100% equalization....smh no.

2) add a shutoff to the outlet of the one without and connect a sewer hose between the 2 outlets....with a helper, 1 person can operate the gate valves while the other hoists the hose up to force water from/to proper directions... remember that you will spill gray water out of the hose when unhooking.....smh no.

3) invest in a blue boy, sized large enough to extend your gray water stays accordingly...smh yes.