50 amp sensor switch?

TXgearhead

I was reading the owners manual that is posted. WOW!! Someone deserves a medal for that.
My question...the manual says on page 15 that when plugged in to a 15 or 20 amp 110 volt outlet that the 50 amp sensor has to be switched. There is a photo with an arrow pointing at the sensor. Is the switch in the breaker panel, or on one of the wall control panels? My usual pre-trip scenario is to plug into a 110 outlet to cool down the refrigerator.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I’ve never heard of that. Use 15 and 20 amp circuits all the time. Which particular manual was this in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

I didn't find what you were referencing. Can you name the document or better yet, cut and paste the section or paragraph?

TXgearhead

manuals.heartlandowners.org>user guides>electrical V1.pdf> page 15, pic is on page 16:
Last sentence:

When connected to 50 amp shore power, the Power Control System detects that there are two hot legs, each providing 120V AC. The system is able to differentiate two hot legs that have a phase difference (50 amp service) from two hot legs that are in phase (30 amp service). When running on generator power, the signal to the generator hour meter is detected by the Power Control System, letting it know that power is coming from the on-board generator, assumed to be supplying a total of 45 amps. If the system doesn’t detect 50 amp service, or a generator, it assumes 30 amp service is available. Note that when plugged into a 15 or 20 amp receptacle, you must manually set the Power Control System to the lesser value or it will not work as intended.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm not sure what that is either. Everything is automatic as far as I know.
I'm sure Dan will explain and clarify this confusion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

danemayer

The PCS control panel on a Landmark 365 can be set manually to inform the controller if plugged into 15 or 20 service. Then it will shed power as needed to stay with 20 amps.

If you're just parked in the driveway, and aren't using a bunch of stuff, it won't make much difference.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The PCS control panel on a Landmark 365 can be set manually to inform the controller if plugged into 15 or 20 service. Then it will shed power as needed to stay with 20 amps.

If you're just parked in the driveway, and aren't using a bunch of stuff, it won't make much difference.

Wow, never realized that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk