Man versus anderson valve

RB2012

Ok This contraption will spoil your trip big time. Just replaced # 3 cartridge and it still is filling water tank (fresh) .. I cut the hose on back of the valve that goes directly to the fresh water tank and capped of the back of the valve that the hose went to. I then put a tee in the water pump line and connected the hose that went to the anderson valve., and presto everthing works, but wait the water tank is still filling up when the anderson valve is connected to city water with the valve pointing to city water . Now how in the he....... is that water getting back into the tank HELP
Capt RC

RB2012

Ok This contraption will spoil your trip big time. Just replaced # 3 cartridge and it still is filling water tank (fresh) .. I cut the hose on back of the valve that goes directly to the fresh water tank and capped of the back of the valve that the hose went to. I then put a tee in the water pump line and connected the hose that went to the anderson valve., and presto everthing works, but wait the water tank is still filling up when the anderson valve is connected to city water with the valve pointing to city water . Now how in the he....... is that water getting back into the tank HELP
Capt RC
Thank you Dane I think I have a double whammy, Is the new brass valve the absolute fix

RVFun4Us

Thank you Dane I think I have a double whammy, Is the new brass valve the absolute fix

Replaced my plastic assembly Anderson valve with the brass one because of the fresh water tank filling. Did this about a month ago. No more problems. So many other people have had the same problem and the brass one fixed it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds to me like your problem is the check valve in your water pump.
You can change the pump or put a oneway check valve before the pump.
They finally shipped out my new brass Anderson valve today. I actually have almost 4 years on my factory plastic valve. No issues with it yet.
I did have the change my water pump in the first year because it was back feeding into my tank.

Changed the pump and problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

First time for me was the Anderson Valve. Second time a year and a half later was the check valve in the water pump. Repaired on the road with an external inline check valve. I have not bothered to fix the check valve in the water pump.

danemayer

With the all brass redesign, Anderson added a check valve to also deal with failures of the pump's internal check valve. They did this because they came to the conclusion that their valve was being replaced in many cases due to pump issues.

It's not difficult or expensive to add a standalone check valve to fix the pump problem. But you would still have the possibility of future problems with the plastic Anderson Valve. So to fix the backward flow problem all once and for all, the all brass valve assembly looks like the answer.

david-steph2018

Finally got a call from Anderson on Friday. They called to verify my address before shipping. I ordered the brass valve during the Rally in June when they gave us the discount for the rally. So it took 2 months after I ordered before shipping.

danemayer

With the brass redesign did they also improve the (what 'cha call it) insert that attaches to the selector handle and rotates within the valve?
Replacing that (with its' split o-ring) was my problem/ solution.
I believe it's ALL brass now.