Newb with 2016 Sundance 3700RLB

TheSniper

All, Im a new owner with a Sundance 3700RLB. ITs equipped with all led lighting and many of the ceiling light lens appear to be yellowing?
Any online source for replacement lens? OR anyone just changed them out for a newer perhaps better design? Ill post a pic but Im talking about the typical
flat dish like light. with a lens cover sort of like a small hubcap cover.

Thanks.
Sam

danemayer

Hi TheSniper,

You may have to replace the fixtures, which usually isn't difficult. Yours may be held in place by springs. If you pull down, then compress the spring arms to clear the hole, you'd just have to connect 2 wires. One thing to watch for on LEDs is that sometimes you have to get the polarity right. Twist the wires together and check operation before introducing things like butt splices that can't be undone.

TheSniper

Hi TheSniper,

You may have to replace the fixtures, which usually isn't difficult. Yours may be held in place by springs. If you pull down, then compress the spring arms to clear the hole, you'd just have to connect 2 wires. One thing to watch for on LEDs is that sometimes you have to get the polarity right. Twist the wires together and check operation before introducing things like butt splices that can't be undone.

@Dan, any recommendation for replacement LED puck? my wife and I want a higher K light the warm white is just to yellowish..
BTW: thanks for the Q reply ;)
Sam

danemayer

@Dan, any recommendation for replacement LED puck? my wife and I want a higher K light the warm white is just to yellowish..
BTW: thanks for the Q reply ;)
Sam
Amazon is one source, but getting color temp rating may be more difficult than buying from places that specialize in RV lighting. Also, you'll have to select lumens and make sure you get the right size.

Another source would be Heartland Parts. You can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

If the lenses are turning yellow, you may not need to abandon "warm white" color temp. A fixture with a new lens may get you the color you want.