Norcold N611Rt, Not cooling

campfire7

The Norcold N611RT Refrigerator in my 2011 North Country is not cooling, And I am asking for help to get it fixed. We came home about 3 weeks ago from a very long trip driving over some very rough roads, I dont know if that has anything to do with the problem or not. But after being home for about 3 weeks, the freezer / refrig. was working good, But when we loaded the RV up for a weekend trip it became apparent that the refrig. was not working properly and by the time we got to our camp it was even more apparent that we had a problem. I tried to operate on both gas and electric. neither works. Also it maybe good to mention that we never turn the unit off, even when it is at home.

Thanks for any help or advise.

carl.swoyer

The Norcold N611RT Refrigerator in my 2011 North Country is not cooling, And I am asking for help to get it fixed. We came home about 3 weeks ago from a very long trip driving over some very rough roads, I dont know if that has anything to do with the problem or not. But after being home for about 3 weeks, the freezer / refrig. was working good, But when we loaded the RV up for a weekend trip it became apparent that the refrig. was not working properly and by the time we got to our camp it was even more apparent that we had a problem. I tried to operate on both gas and electric. neither works. Also it maybe good to mention that we never turn the unit off, even when it is at home.

Thanks for any help or advise.
It does take time for the unit to get back down to temp after loading it .
If you disconnect the thermistor from behind the light the let it run for 24 hours. This will trick the unit to run non-stop. 24 hours later you can check the interior temperature. If it's cold your thermistor might be bad.

Another point on the thermistor test is if the fridge is now cold you have a presumably good cooling unit. I also added fans to the top vent and removed the aluminum baffle. Huge difference in cooling.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: