Want your thoughts on this generator setup

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
IMG_6761.jpg

I bought the Champion Dual Fuel generator last spring and used it a few times for the ride back to Ohio from Texas. Like the way it worked, but with it turned perpindicular from the picture, the bedroom would get a little "fumey".

Got a silicone extensiuon tubing kit from GenExhaust.com, and now looking at this set up (minus the BH 3670 hooked up.)

What would be your concerns? I'm a little worried about where the silicone rests on the tonneau cover railing. Not sure if there's something that it could rest on from a heat/insulation perspective.

Ran it for about 15 minutes, stood in the back of the truck and didn't smell anything as far as exhaust. I realize everything is going to be dependent on the wind direction.

Got two weeks to make mods. Fire away with your thoughts.

Lynn1130

Information is pretty vague here. What is it you are trying to do? Are you running this while you are in the trailer? If so and the wind changes you could be dead when someone comes to check on you.

CDN

B and B
I carry a generator in the back of any truck at the front wall like yours. I would never use when hitched up. Fumes can and will go anywhere. We both have cpap and I installed DC converters and large 6 volt battery bank for overnight use.

Mark-Roberta 051995

You could modify the exhaust tube to go straight up like motor homes do. Is there any concern of that exhaust tube melting, catching fire?

Be careful and do things right.

Mark

Lynn1130

I would want that as far from the trailer as possible and that then brings to question the noise that others are going to get from the genny not to mention the exhaust fumes. As long as you can get it away and are not going to have unhappy neighbors I guess you are ok. The heat, while a problem, would be the least of my worries until I solved the exhaust issue. Also make sure your CO2 alarms are working properly.

Gaffer

The OEM generator is right under the coach with a short exhaust pipe in all RVs. Places like event centers with dog shows and close together boondockers often require the above roof extensions.

CarterKraft

That small diameter hose is going to add a decent amount of back pressure to your engine.

Why not use the normal genturi system suction cupped to the front cap of BH?

I don't think you will have any heat issues with the bed cap rail through the silicone hose.