Rebound Clip

jhardin

I was installing Glowsteps to my RV today and noticed the leaf springs were out line. Seems the rebound clip is missing. I also noticed the one across from it is loose and about to fall off. Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention so you can be sure to check yours.20190821_130155.jpg
Thanks,
Jerry

mlpeloquin

Two things that cause the springs to miss align. One is the center bolt holding the spring sections has loosened. The second is that the spring hangers attaching it to the axle is not tight enough. Just had a lesson on this my self. Mine was not that bad and was noticed early. Went to a welding/trailer shop and the owner explained the two causes. Mine was the spring hangers needed to be tightened up.

jhardin

Two things that cause the springs to miss align. One is the center bolt holding the spring sections has loosened. The second is that the spring hangers attaching it to the axle is not tight enough. Just had a lesson on this my self. Mine was not that bad and was noticed early. Went to a welding/trailer shop and the owner explained the two causes. Mine was the spring hangers needed to be tightened up.
Thanks, I'll check mine.

jhardin

Marc, thanks a million! You were right , out of the 4 leaf springs 2 leaf spring bolts were loose! Problem fixed, thanks again!

carl.swoyer

Marc, thanks a million! You were right , out of the 4 leaf springs 2 leaf spring bolts were loose! Problem fixed, thanks again!
Just curious if you inspected the bolt holes to see if the we're enlarged from the loose bolts?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jhardin

Just curious if you inspected the bolt holes to see if the we're enlarged from the loose bolts?

Carl, yes they were fine. Actually they were good and snug. It just didn't take a whole lot of effort to loosen them. Once I got them loose I just took a hammer and a couple of taps and the leaf springd lined right back up. ( Matter of fact, I could not tap on the leaf spring to get it line up until I loosened it more). I found later there is a torque chart for the nuts.

carl.swoyer

Carl, yes they were fine. Actually they were good and snug. It just didn't take a whole lot of effort to loosen them. Once I got them loose I just took a hammer and a couple of taps and the leaf springd lined right back up. ( Matter of fact, I could not tap on the leaf spring to get it line up until I loosened it more). I found later there is a torque chart for the nuts.
Jhardin,
Great news glad you are safe again!