Mallard m185 - water connection??

lkalka

Hi.

We've owned our camper for a couple years now, but haven't hooked up to city water this year and frankly I can't remember which connection is which. We have a potable fresh water fillup on the left and to the right of that, there are two additional connections one on top of the other. There is a sticker toward the top of that that says city water connection, so I'm thinking the top of those two (seemingly identical connections) is where we connect the "city water". I'm thinking the bottom of those two connection is a "flush" connection ????? Not sure when we'd use that one or if I have that right. What would happen if we connected the city water to the wrong connection?

Thank you.

jbeletti

The one marked City Water is what you’re looking for.

The other similar connection could be your black tank flush connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

What would happen if we connected the city water to the wrong connection?

If you get it wrong, and the black tank gate valve is closed, the tank will fill and then start expanding. Water may rise through the vent until black water comes out on the roof. Or the expansion of the tank could cause leakage around the vent and into the underbelly. Or it could damage the black tank.

It's pretty easy to test. With water pump turned OFF, hook up the hose and turn on campground water. Quickly check for water coming out of a faucet in a normal manner. If no water, you're hooked up to the black tank flush and need to turn off the campground water.