New Anderson brass valve shipping early

jmarnell

I ordered the new brass 4-way valve from Anderson in late July and was told there was an 8 week backorder. So I was very pleasantly surprised to get a call yesterday that my new valve is ready to be shipped! Very nice to be getting it a month earlier than expected.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

IF that's the case ... Mine better be at home when I get there from the MI HOC Rally tomorrow !!!

I ordered, and PAID for mine, at the Goshen Rally, in the 2nd week of June !!!

BighornELK

We received our new Anderson valve yesterday. We ordered ours in late June or early July. About 3 weeks ago I received an email from the company apologizing for their delay. They also offered to send a repair kit if one was needed. IMO this was pretty good customer service.

david-steph2018

IF that's the case ... Mine better be at home when I get there from the MI HOC Rally tomorrow !!!

I ordered, and PAID for mine, at the Goshen Rally, in the 2nd week of June !!!

Same thing. We finally got our valve about 7-10 days ago. I ordered it before the June 16th deadline at the rally.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Called Anderson this morning !! They said my valve has been ready to ship for several days, that they had been trying to contact me, to confirm shipping address. I asked how were they trying, said "cell ph" .. asked did you leave message, said no, my voicemail box was full !! BS !!

Anyway, they said they'd ship TODAY, with 2-day delivery .. Should receive Wed or Thur !!!

jjwink

We also ordered ours at the Goshen Rally. When I called in late July about the delay they offered to send an emergency replacement. I said none was needed. We received our new brass valve this week. Look forward to getting it installed and getting rid of the plastic junk!

BarbandFrank

We also ordered the replacement valve during the National Rally in June. Just received it last week - over 8 weeks later.

NYSUPstater

Pardon me for asking a stupid question, but what's the upgrade/difference? Problem with old one/design? Having never had a "A" valve before, not well voiced in it's quirks.

danemayer

Pardon me for asking a stupid question, but what's the upgrade/difference? Problem with old one/design? Having never had a "A" valve before, not well voiced in it's quirks.

The older 4-way valve, constructed of plastic with rubber o-rings, has had a fairly high failure rate. The all-brass version gets rid of the parts involved in those failures, replacing them with all brass construction.

porthole

Retired
The older 4-way valve, constructed of plastic with rubber o-rings, has had a fairly high failure rate. The all-brass version gets rid of the parts involved in those failures, replacing them with all brass construction.

And apparently a check valve on the tank line connection :rolleyes: