Cyclone 4200 gray/blank plumbing

Jerapais

All, We are FT living in ours while home is built. The #2 gray tank, 26 gallons, fills up very quickly yet "supposedly" it only collects water from the garage shower, sink and kitchen sink (which we use sparingly). I take showers everyday but assume that fills up the bigger #1 tank located directly under the shower. There's no possible way the #2 tank could fill up from the garage fixtures plus kitchen sink that fast. ANy ideas? Does the #1 tank overflow to the #2 tank? Thanks

danemayer

After next time you drain the gray tanks, run an experiment. Close the dump valves and add a few gallons of water to what you believe goes to gray #2. Then add food coloring to the drains that you think do not go to gray #2. If you get any colored water out of gray #2 when you open the valve, you'll know there's something in the plumbing connections that needs further investigation.

Unless someone did something very unusual, there shouldn't be and cross connection between Gray #1 and Gray #2. The exception to that would be if you happen to be leaving the dump valves open and the sewer outlet capped.

Jerapais

After next time you drain the gray tanks, run an experiment. Close the dump valves and add a few gallons of water to what you believe goes to gray #2. Then add food coloring to the drains that you think do not go to gray #2. If you get any colored water out of gray #2 when you open the valve, you'll know there's something in the plumbing connections that needs further investigation.

Unless someone did something very unusual, there shouldn't be and cross connection between Gray #1 and Gray #2. The exception to that would be if you happen to be leaving the dump valves open and the sewer outlet capped.

great idea. I’ll try that. The 4200 has 2 waste dump exits, one for front 2 tanks and one for back tanks, which makes me question even more.