Thread: Front bed upper cabinets

1. Print this Post   #1

Front bed upper cabinets

Forgive me if others have made this suggestion already, but after purchasing a new NT 27RBDS a week ago, I was very surprised to find the upper cabinet doors over the bed opened from the center, rather than from the sides of the walk-around bed! We absolutely LOVE the amount of inside storage of this model, but the usefulness of that space requires a contortionist to twist around the door jutting out over the bed to access the large space over the bed. It would have been extremely simple to swap the doors from R-L, as I did, to allow easy access from the standing area on either side of the bed, saving us a trip to the Chiropractor.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Front bed upper cabinets

Quote Originally Posted by Partsbob View Post
    Forgive me if others have made this suggestion already, but after purchasing a new NT 27RBDS a week ago, I was very surprised to find the upper cabinet doors over the bed opened from the center, rather than from the sides of the walk-around bed! We absolutely LOVE the amount of inside storage of this model, but the usefulness of that space requires a contortionist to twist around the door jutting out over the bed to access the large space over the bed. It would have been extremely simple to swap the doors from R-L, as I did, to allow easy access from the standing area on either side of the bed, saving us a trip to the Chiropractor.
    I have to say that I had the same thought and solution 4 years agon when we got our 2011 NT. Interesting that after all this time they are using the same design.

Hope you have a great time with your new NT. Ours has given us many years of faithful service.

John
    Domi and John

Truck
    - 2004 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab with Titan Fuel tank, Bed Slide
    Trailer - 2011 North Trail 28RLS (Second Owner) with New Running Gear, Electric Hitch, LED Light Bulbs, Yada Wireless Backup Camera (Modified), 3 Step Glow Step Revolution

3. Print this Post   #3

One of the first things I did to ours.

4. Print this Post   #4

I have always thought that the designers/product manager for each model of Heartland RV ought to have to LIVE in the RV's at a RV park for a week or so to catch any design deficiencies.

When I was servicing various medical electronic equipments I also thought that the design engineers should be required to SERVICE their own equipments and maybe make service access and diagnostics easier.
    Bill Knight KJ6TBE
    Retired 40 Year Hospital Biomedical Electronics Technician
    Former State Chairman (2000) California Medical Instrumentation Association (CMIA)
    2008 Bighorn 3670RL
    My Bighorn Upgrades
    See:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

2004 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins 5.9
    B-D Exhaust Brake
    Ride Rite Air Bags
    Valvoline 15-40 High Mileage Diesel Oil
    XDP Diesel Power Plus Fuel Additive

At a Thousand Trails in Southern California

21 Heartland Rallies I Have Attended
    See: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_PRxlhCp1l7IXgiVIBJmCtX3viJ9NaykR8_b81W9CVU/edit?usp=sharing

Thousand Trails Elite Membership

Support this Forum! Join the Heartland Owners Club at the "Owners Club" Tab at the top of this Page!!!
    Remember The USS Liberty . . . Read: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/margolis12.html
    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth"