Front bed upper cabinets

Partsbob

Forgive me if others have made this suggestion already, but after purchasing a new NT 27RBDS a week ago, I was very surprised to find the upper cabinet doors over the bed opened from the center, rather than from the sides of the walk-around bed! We absolutely LOVE the amount of inside storage of this model, but the usefulness of that space requires a contortionist to twist around the door jutting out over the bed to access the large space over the bed. It would have been extremely simple to swap the doors from R-L, as I did, to allow easy access from the standing area on either side of the bed, saving us a trip to the Chiropractor.

Domi

Forgive me if others have made this suggestion already, but after purchasing a new NT 27RBDS a week ago, I was very surprised to find the upper cabinet doors over the bed opened from the center, rather than from the sides of the walk-around bed! We absolutely LOVE the amount of inside storage of this model, but the usefulness of that space requires a contortionist to twist around the door jutting out over the bed to access the large space over the bed. It would have been extremely simple to swap the doors from R-L, as I did, to allow easy access from the standing area on either side of the bed, saving us a trip to the Chiropractor.

I have to say that I had the same thought and solution 4 years agon when we got our 2011 NT. Interesting that after all this time they are using the same design.

Hope you have a great time with your new NT. Ours has given us many years of faithful service.

John

wdk450

I have always thought that the designers/product manager for each model of Heartland RV ought to have to LIVE in the RV's at a RV park for a week or so to catch any design deficiencies.

When I was servicing various medical electronic equipments I also thought that the design engineers should be required to SERVICE their own equipments and maybe make service access and diagnostics easier.