Furrion 3 Camera System

jmarnell

Just recently upgraded from the Furrion Observation camera to the new Furrion Vision S 3 Camera system for our Cyclone. While I liked the observation camera, I was interested in better side views with such a long rig. So I took the plunge. The install was fairly easy, although a few more screw holes were required for mounting. But everything works fine. The HD rear camera and 7 inch monitor gives a much sharper view to the rear, and the side cameras give a nice view along each side. We just took a trip to Colorado and I liked how the system performed. So far there are only a couple things i would change. I wish the side cameras were adjustable like the rear camera as I feel they point out a little too far and I'd like to see a bit more of the side of our rig for perspective. I found the monitor a little hard to see with sunglasses on so a little more brightness would help. And even though I only have 3 cameras, the only display choices on the monitor are 1 camera or 4 cameras (the 4th being the optional door camera we don't have). But overall I'm very happy with the system.

20190810_140637.jpg20190810_140753.jpg20190810_140540.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Very nice. I did the same thing in Goshen. Do you run it on motion or manually choose the side view. I haven't mastered the system yet but so far haven't utilized the side cameras yet. As of right now I feel I wasted the money on the side cameras.
The big screen and rear camera is awesome.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jmarnell

Very nice. I did the same thing in Goshen. Do you run it on motion or manually choose the side view. I haven't mastered the system yet but so far haven't utilized the side cameras yet. As of right now I feel I wasted the money on the side cameras.
The big screen and rear camera is awesome.

I was looking at the side cameras mostly for backing into tight spaces. So far all I've used are pull through sites so haven't had a real need for the side cameras yet. I select them manually.

I just installed the Furrion 4 camera system on my Road Warrior and have the same thoughts. The side cameras are pretty much worthless since they aren't adjustable. I really need to see the side of my unit as I back into my storage space but they are pointed too far out. The other two are great and will hopefully help me with my backing because backing this rig is more difficult than I would have believed. Yes, I'm a newbie.

avvidclif

Just recently upgraded from the Furrion Observation camera to the new Furrion Vision S 3 Camera system for our Cyclone. While I liked the observation camera, I was interested in better side views with such a long rig. So I took the plunge. The install was fairly easy, although a few more screw holes were required for mounting. But everything works fine. The HD rear camera and 7 inch monitor gives a much sharper view to the rear, and the side cameras give a nice view along each side. We just took a trip to Colorado and I liked how the system performed. So far there are only a couple things i would change. I wish the side cameras were adjustable like the rear camera as I feel they point out a little too far and I'd like to see a bit more of the side of our rig for perspective. I found the monitor a little hard to see with sunglasses on so a little more brightness would help. And even though I only have 3 cameras, the only display choices on the monitor are 1 camera or 4 cameras (the 4th being the optional door camera we don't have). But overall I'm very happy with the system.

View attachment 62673View attachment 62674View attachment 62675

If your sunglasses have polarized lenses that could be the problem with the display.

Oregon_Camper

I just installed the Furrion 4 camera system on my Road Warrior and have the same thoughts. The side cameras are pretty much worthless since they aren't adjustable. I really need to see the side of my unit as I back into my storage space but they are pointed too far out. The other two are great and will hopefully help me with my backing because backing this rig is more difficult than I would have believed. Yes, I'm a newbie.

Not sure how mine could be different than yours. but I can clearly see down the side of our Bighorn with both side cameras. Note... I had to change my original install on door side, as it was originally picking up the awning arm. Moved inside awning and it is now working perfectly.

Here is my install video. https://youtu.be/Zzi68Njnk-A

Capture.JPG

jbeletti

Below is an image seen by my door-side Furrion camera. The camera is about 20 feet ahead of the stair railing seen in the image. None of the coach sidewall is visible.

If I end up feeling like I need to see a bit of the RV sidewall, I could consider using a washer on the frontmost screw holding the camera/marker light on the j-wrap, then sealing it with black silicone rubber.

IMG_8494.jpg

Virgil

I've been pulling trailers, 5th wheels and commercial 53 footers, for over 30 years and I have never needed side or backup cameras. Invest in some good extended mirrors for your truck and you'll never have to worry about loose wires or blown fuses.

With a little bit of foresight when you enter a campground or truck stop you'll never have a problem. When backing into a campsite if you pay attention you will rarely get yourself in a position where you have to back in on your blindside... this is just my opinion based on many years of pulling big trailers..

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have also been driving big rigs and pulling trailers of some kind most of my life. I have never had a camera on any of them. But now after having the luxury of seeing behind me in the blinds spots I no longer have to wonder or get out to look if someone or something snuck in behind me when I wasn't looking.
I think I like it best for going down the road. I can watch the bikes on the rear rack, and see if I'm holding anyone up.