Lock Tight the nuts

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We recently had to have a technician come out to adjust our bedroom slide ( cable operated) as some nuts came off completely. I tried to adjust but did not like the sound so I backed off and had a technician do the adjustment. In speaking with the technician he said they get many calls for adjusting these cables as the nuts loosen all the time.

I believe that blue lock tight would stop the nuts from coming off.

The slide should also go out all the way so that the wooed frame work is flush with the wall. Ours is about 2 inches from the wall when the slide is out all the way.

wdk450

We recently had to have a technician come out to adjust our bedroom slide ( cable operated) as some nuts came off completely. I tried to adjust but did not like the sound so I backed off and had a technician do the adjustment. In speaking with the technician he said they get many calls for adjusting these cables as the nuts loosen all the time.I believe that blue lock tight would stop the nuts from coming off.The slide should also go out all the way so that the wooed frame work is flush with the wall. Ours is about 2 inches from the wall when the slide is out all the way.
The slideout sides have a hard weathertight sealing surface that causes the full slide out position to be 2 inches from the wall to the inside of the trim on my unit. The wood (actually wood look effect over Styrofoam) trim wouldn't be up to this sealeing job, and using real wood on the inside trim would be more expensive and probably more labor intensive

donr827

Awhile back my RV repairman told me if the slide doesn't leak don't mess with it. Use to bother me when the slide was a little off kilter.

Pearl2

We recently had to have a technician come out to adjust our bedroom slide ( cable operated) as some nuts came off completely. I tried to adjust but did not like the sound so I backed off and had a technician do the adjustment. In speaking with the technician he said they get many calls for adjusting these cables as the nuts loosen all the time.

I believe that blue lock tight would stop the nuts from coming off.

The slide should also go out all the way so that the wooed frame work is flush with the wall. Ours is about 2 inches from the wall when the slide is out all the way.
Chainsaw: I have a 2016 BH 3875 that is having trouble with extending the bedslide. Retracting seems to work ok. I like your idea of using loktite. Is that something I can do myself?. Are these nuts accessible by removing the plywood panel from the bottom of the bed storage area? Ivan in Topeka.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your gonna mess with your slide you might want to read up on how to adjust.
You can find manuals by clicking on Tools in the tool bar above. Or click here.
If you have a BAL cable operated slide there should be little foam blocks that are in place to secure those nuts.

Peace
Dave

sengli

I have had three new fifth wheels. So far all of them have had the little foam nut retainer pieces fall off the slide cables. Those are supposed to keep the nuts on the cable adjustment pieces from backing off. I guess I have seen the foam blocks as a orderable service part item from somewhere, but blue Loctite seems like it would be okay to use.