Great Customer Service from RVLock

danemayer

We installed an RVLock 4.0 five and 1/2 years ago and love it. This year it started acting up. RVLock tech support suggested a couple of new circuit boards ($9.99 each). Today, it's all better. You can read details here.

Great support!

LBR

We installed an RVLock 4.0 five and 1/2 years ago and love it. This year it started acting up. RVLock tech support suggested a couple of new circuit boards ($9.99 each). Today, it's all better. You can read details here.

Great support!
Agreed...I had one of four locks that would drain a new set of batteries in 30-40 days...contacted them....sent me a new board at N/C (was about 1 year old) and worked fine since.

Sowie

I wish they would make a lock that would fit on my 4200 cyclone with the full window in the door. Even the narrow one is still too wide to fit without hitting the window frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Great support!
I'm needing to get another set of circuit boards as mine has died once again. This will be my fourth? Uggg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

LBR

I wish they would make a lock that would fit on my 4200 cyclone with the full window in the door. Even the narrow one is still too wide to fit without hitting the window frame.

I installed the compact version in both of our full-windowed CY doors. They fit and work fine...you just need to modify the frame a bit is all.

Sowie

I installed the compact version in both of our full-windowed CY doors. They fit and work fine...you just need to modify the frame a bit is all.

Would you happen to have a picture of how you modified the frame? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

Would you happen to have a picture of how you modified the frame? Thanks.

I pulled the stock lock out and set the RVLock into the factory cutout, traced around with a pencil, then cut the door frame on pencil mark. This allows the lock to fit flush to door and then fully assembled it. Don't forget to seal everything up well after trimming the frame.

Last edited:

LBR

Before and after...
00d9913cbb592163bc2c11f5c534cd2c.jpg
97b309de40aa272a693657b38126e9f3.jpg

Sowie

Thanks LBR for the info and pics. I still wish they would make a lock that would fit in that space so we wouldn’t have to cut my frame. I worry about down the road if I had a problem with Rv lock and wanted to change it out to something different I would have to deal with the cut window frame. This is a common door setup so why not just design one for these doors. However your work around and install looks great.

LBR

Thanks LBR for the info and pics. I still wish they would make a lock that would fit in that space so we wouldn’t have to cut my frame. I worry about down the road if I had a problem with Rv lock and wanted to change it out to something different I would have to deal with the cut window frame. This is a common door setup so why not just design one for these doors. However your work around and install looks great.

You are more than welcome!...

richheck

Seasoned Member
Did they explain the new feature on these new boards, it’s no longer necessary to use the code to lock the door when leaving, just hold the lock button for a couple of seconds till you hear the beep, then you’ll hear the lock locking. Works great.

danemayer

Did they explain the new feature on these new boards, it’s no longer necessary to use the code to lock the door when leaving, just hold the lock button for a couple of seconds till you hear the beep, then you’ll hear the lock locking. Works great.

They didn't mention the new feature. I'll have to try it out.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

That feature alone is almost worth paying for a new board.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Love this feature, except that now we’ve worn out (cracked) the keypad at the lock button! Need to order a replacement.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Love this feature, except that now we’ve worn out (cracked) the keypad at the lock button! Need to order a replacement.

I am happy that Rvlock makes the replacement parts not only available but very reasonable in price to keep the lock operating and not have to reinvest a small fortune when parts wear out or break.

LBR

An FYI for everyone with these locks...we bought 2 pass-thru compartment locks and 2 of the V4 Compact door locks in February of 2017....that puts them at 2.5 years old.

All 4 of these locks have this feature of not needing the code prior to pressing the lock button, so it is not exactly a recent option of them...

richheck

Seasoned Member
An FYI for everyone with these locks...we bought 2 pass-thru compartment locks and 2 of the V4 Compact door locks in February of 2017....that puts them at 2.5 years old.

All 4 of these locks have this feature of not needing the code prior to pressing the lock button, so it is not exactly a recent option of them...

Only on the main door lock has this feature, not the bay door locks, I replaced all of my bay door latches with RVLocks also so I always use my remote to activate/deactivate them.

LBR

Only on the main door lock has this feature, not the bay door locks, I replaced all of my bay door latches with RVLocks also so I always use my remote to activate/deactivate them.
I'm curious..,did you get all locks at the same time? How old of locks are they?

Guess I'm the lucky one as all 4 of our 2.5 year old locks can be locked without the code first.

As mentioned above, the circuit boards are very inexpensive....last year they were only about $10 each.