Back after the worst year of my life...need some help...

ricatic

I haven’t forgotten my friends here but have been absent due to extreme personal difficulties...now I need some help...after sitting for several months I finally was able to retrieve and then use our Cyclone 4005...on the return trip home from a wonderful 2 weeks at the EAA AirVenture show, I noticed a tire wear issue...when I arrived at my present destination a more thorough inspection revealed a rs rear axle spring hangar has broken at the 90 degree bend...the hangar failed as the base is still securely attached to the frame...I have the expertise available to make the repair but need the MOR RYDE CRE 3000 rear bracket...or is it a Lippert part...I do have a call into MOR RYDE...any help is appreciated...

glad to be back on my feet and look forward to getting back with friends at a Rally soon...

Regards

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If it's just the spring hanger that is broken you should be able to get on at a good RV dealer or a trailer shop.
You will just need to take some measurements for placement of the new hanger then grind off the remains on the broken hanger and weld on the new.
Take some pics along the way and post your repair here.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Brackets that are welded to the frame come from Lippert. It may help to measure one or two of the remaining brackets.

Heartland can get them for you, but it's probably faster to go straight to Lippert.

You may want to talk to Lippert Customer Service about how to reinforce the brackets.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, if your still in WI, south east, I have a spare hanger in my trailer.

Peace
Dave

ricatic

Thanks guys for the quick replies... I am back in Michigan...the hangar is one of the ones with Correct Track and has lugs that straddle the cam nut...not available through normal internet sites such as etrailer or Detroit Hitch...I will call Lippert and see if they can help...

Regards

ricatic

Update...Lippert gets bashed continuously on some RV forums...imho it is greatly undeserved...I have spoke with Lippert customer service and politely presented my case...a few pictures were sent and new brackets will be overnighted to my location yet today...it appears that my trailer will be repaired where it’s parked under warranty...kinda hard to find fault with that kind of service...

Regards

Rick

ricatic

Hey Rick - good to see you back.

What is the current truck?

2015 Ram 3500 Cummins with Aisin Dually CC LB 4WD with 4.10 rear gears...Bought used with 37000 miles...pulls the big Cyclone effortlessly...with the trailer brakes properly adjusted it stops just as well as it goes...

update on my frame issues...LCI dispatched a factory tech from Goshen up to where I was parked in Caro, Mi yesterday. They fixed the frame better than new at no cost to me. The tech, Robert, was a true professional in all regards.

After a year of ****, it’s good to be back...

Regards

mlpeloquin

Had one break on our way to the rally on Oregon one year ago in Kennewick, WA, and had to cancel six weeks of camping. Stranded, we called Coach Net. The park we were in would only allow us to stay one more night. All sights were taken after that. A semi truck repair was found on a Sunday. He thought he was a welder. At least we made it home. A custom trailer shop fixed it by properly welding it and cross bracing both sets. Fast forward to September last year in an RV park in New York, the other side snapped as I leveled the trailer. No and I mean no shop would respond. One finally told me it is illegal to weld spring hangers in New York. Our neighbor in the RV park called a Semi trailer/car repair shop in this very small town. He asked me to get it to his shop. Well hidden from the road. Who would have thought a shop was back behind a short strip of stores. He saw what the trailer shop did in California. He walked around for a while and then smiled. He told me twice with emphasis, "you do not have spring hangers, you have "U" channels". I said yes I do have "U" channels. He welded it just like the other one and charged me $125 cash. Both still doing fine. I did call Lippert and had to get to the engineering department. With my frame number they sent me the part numbers of both spring hangers and the mechanical drawings. I ordered two and now carry them with me. So far so good.