Anderson valve Knob

EEdawg

I got ny new anderson valve today in the mail. I won't get a chance to install it for a while, but I saw something that confuses me. After I took it out of the box I tried to turn the water selector switch. I can't get it to switch out of the CITYFIXTURES/DRYCAMPING POSITION. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

grambini

I also received a new brass valve. It was really hard to rotate the valve handle. I tried harder and then it rotated. seemed to be fine after the initial rotation.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I bought two of these anderson valves. One for me and one for a friend and both valves were very hard to turn. Before forcing the handles I called Anderson Valve Co. (ADCO) and asked before forcing them to turn and break something. Something I may have done in the past. Ron at ADCO advised that this is normal and if you have to just cover the handle and use a pair of channel locks to turn the handle. Turning the handle becomes easier after it is turned a few times.

EEdawg

After getting your suggestions, I tried again and used a little more force. It worked. Note that it does not click like my old one did. Thanks for the help. As stated below, after the first usage , it moved easier.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

After getting your suggestions, I tried again and used a little more force. It worked. Note that it does not click like my old one did. Thanks for the help. As stated below, after the first usage , it moved easier.

Yes, I did the same !! Once broke free, moves easily now !!