Professional flush of Black tank

Garypowell

If you have had your black tank professionally cleaned can you share the cost and how well it worked, etc.

I’d need someone to come to me.

Thanks!

Fox

Would you first explain WHY you think you need professional service?
Unresolved problems (elaborate) or peace of mind?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I had our done in Goshen $200 and i felt it was a waste of time and money !! I flush ours out rally good almost every time I dump the black tank. When he did it nothing muck came out any more then normal anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Garypowell

7 years in this rig for the first 5 on the road 6 - 8 months a year. Always at least 2 fills after initial flush and all was well. Stationary for 2 years and now seeing more liquid than solid coming out.....in fact no solid for the last couple of months.

Just getting a little concerned of build up. Just bought a thetford tank blaster on Amazon.......we’ll see if that causes anything to happen.

Just thought i’d Run the professional tank flush up the flag pole......if Jarrod was not impressed.... I’ll pass.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have used Extreme Clean made by Happy Camper to clean out any crusties. After flushing the tank at a stop, Mark pits it in with a few gallons of water and we leave it while we drive to the next stop. They he drains the tank and flushes it really good. I don’t know how well it would work if you are totally stationary.

Lynn1130

I do, basically, that same thing but with Dawn. I fill the tank with about 10 gallons of water and add about a 1/2 cup of Dawn. Then let that slosh around while going to the next location and dump upon arrival. However, if you are in the same location between dumps, there are several different types of enzymes available that will break down the solids. Happy Camper is the one I have been using lately and it seems to work pretty will for breakdown and smell.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005XEFADU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SNOKING

Here is the routine I have developed over many snowbird winters.

1. Get a clear sight adapter and put it between the trailer and the sewer hose.
2. I leave the black tank closed for a week at a time. Grey tanks open.
3. I form a pee trap in the sewer hose with a couple boards, one 2x and a 4x4.
4. To dump and flush, I remove the pee trap boards.
5. Close the grey water tanks.
6. Open the black water tank and turn on the hose to the built in flush system.
7. Watch the sight tube until I am down to just hose water coming out.
8. Go inside and do two full bowl super flushes. "Bomb the Pile!" Note: Full bowl means filling the bowl to the bottom of the upper rim.
9. Go back outside and view discharge.
10. Close the black water tank and run the flush water in for four(4) minutes. Do not let anyone distract you at this point.
11. Open and drain and repeat 10 again.
12. Flush a bit and verify that you have nice clear water coming out of the tank. If not go back to step 8 and start again.
13. When you have nice clear discharge, put the pee trap boards back the sewer line and fill the pee trap.
14. Close the black water tank and add about a minute worth of water to the tank with the flush hose.
15. Secure the flush hose. I have a little inline valve adapter at the side of the trailer and the other end gets turned off.
16. Open the grey water tanks and go add your chemical to the tank.

I have had the burping a couple of times, however the super flushes seem to have fixed that issue.

Having piles in not good!!

Chris

Kathi-27

I follow snoking list for 3 years works great. only thing I do different is I do the bowel flush till only clean water comes out after bowel flush. Sometimes up to 5-6 times.

CDN

B and B
I camp almost exclusively in Provincial Parks. Most dump stations do not have black flush facilities. Either drive up on boards on door side or put wheels on off door side in dump station sail. Let gravity do its job. Use about 4 oz of Camco Blue stuff each tank, if it smells after a week add some more. We dump wash water in the black tank and also dish washing water. The waste for the most part after 4 day weekend is all broken down along with what ever is on sale Toilet Paper. I do throw the Ice maker tray of cubes in before driving home sometimes as well.

I never would pay for a professional tank cleaning.

One thing I am thinking of doing is adding flush jets to all three tanks above the sensors to clean the crud off of them.

carl.swoyer

I camp almost exclusively in Provincial Parks. Most dump stations do not have black flush facilities. Either drive up on boards on door side or put wheels on off door side in dump station sail. Let gravity do its job. Use about 4 oz of Camco Blue stuff each tank, if it smells after a week add some more. We dump wash water in the black tank and also dish washing water. The waste for the most part after 4 day weekend is all broken down along with what ever is on sale Toilet Paper. I do throw the Ice maker tray of cubes in before driving home sometimes as well.

I never would pay for a professional tank cleaning.

One thing I am thinking of doing is adding flush jets to all three tanks above the sensors to clean the crud off of them.

CDN,
Do you really think that's needed?
Seems like alot of work.
I use a biodegradable consentrated boat wash. When ever I need to I put a 1/4 cup in each tank and add 6 to 10 gallons of water and it's sloshing and a washing while I drive. And it has a nicer smell.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk