Thread: Fireplace bulb replacement

1. Print this Post   #1

Fireplace bulb replacement

We have a 2015 Big Horn 5th Wheel Model 3010RE. We have a Greystone 36" fireplace, Model #F3610G. Does anyone know how to get to the bulbs in the fireplace to replace them?
    Last edited by jimtoo; 09-07-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Thread moved to better area.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Fireplace bulb replacement

Hi Mike-n-Cheryl,

I don't know for sure on your floor plan / 36" fireplace, but on ours there are 2 steps to pull the fireplace out for maintenance. There's some molding on the front that has to be carefully pulled away from the wood to which it's attached. Ours is some composite that requires gentle handling to avoid breaking it. It was held by small brads. And ours has screws at the inside 4 corners of the fireplace frame, toed into the wood frame at an angle.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

Follow Dans instructions but I had a struggle getting it back in place. I think they are called “teardrop” openings that are used to hang it on a couple of screws. You have to lift it up, hit the opening and then let it settle down into place.

You can do it just took me a little time.
    Gary Powell

2013 Bighorn 3010 RE
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 SRW Diesel

4. Print this Post   #4

[QUOTE.=Mike-n-Cheryl;627129]We have a 2015 Big Horn 5th Wheel Model 3010RE. We have a Greystone 36" fireplace, Model #F3610G. Does anyone know how to get to the bulbs in the fireplace to replace them?[/QUOTE]

If yours is like mine was in our 2014, then your fireplace is surrounded by fake brick made out of Styrofoam. I seem to remember having to remove the . brick before I could access it. Make sure you unplug it. What we did was made two straight cuts parallel to, but about an inch below the top of the fireplace and carefully removed the top piece of foam. Then we carefully removed the rest (used a drywall joint taping knife). After it is removed you should see four screws holding the fireplace. Remove the screws. The fireplace needs to be lifted up a little and then out (two people is recommended). I just replaced all the bulbs (three I think). When I reassembled it, we used spray adhesive on the bottom section of the foam, but I used Velcro on the top piece (in case we had to access it again). Good luck
    Peg and Mike Finnegan, Faithful Traveling Companion Cameo (RIP), adopted furry friend Molly, San Angelo, TX
    US Army Retired, Vietnam Vet, 2017 F350 King Ranch,
    2018 Landmark Oshkosh.
    Rallies:
    2011: Spring, Canton, TX; 2012: Spring, TX; Thackerville, OK (X2)
    2013; Santo, Montgomery, Canton, Beaumont, TX; Durant, Thackerville, OK
    2014; Carthage, Mo; Amana, IA; Santo, Bullard, Montgomery, TX; Durant, Thackerville, OK
    2015; Goshen, IN; Kinder, New Iberia, LA; Boerne, Kerrville, Sweetheart, Santo, TX; Durant (X2), OK; Carthage, MO
    2016; Sweetheart, Quanah, Weatherford, Canton, Ingram, TX; Henderson, LA; Durant, OK; Mountain View, AR; Branson, Plattes Ville, MO: Las Vegas, NV
    2017; Sweetheart, Alpine, Montgomery, Tyler, TX; Branson, MO; Mountain View, AR; Goshen, IN; Kinder, LA; Vinita, Oklahoma City, OK.

2018; Abilene, Tyler, TX; Branson, MO; Mountain View, AR; Kinder, LA; Eufala, Oklahoma City, OK.

5. Print this Post   #5

Besides all of the trim stuff mentioned in previous posts, my fireplace front glass has to be removed by removing 1 retainer screw in the top center.

I have found the light bulbs at the 99 Cents only stores in 2 packs. Be sure to take a sample with you to get the right size bulb base.
    Bill Knight KJ6TBE
    Retired 40 Year Hospital Biomedical Electronics Technician
    Former State Chairman (2000) California Medical Instrumentation Association (CMIA)
    2008 Bighorn 3670RL
    My Bighorn Upgrades
    See:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

2004 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins 5.9
    B-D Exhaust Brake
    Ride Rite Air Bags
    Valvoline 15-40 High Mileage Diesel Oil
    XDP Diesel Power Plus Fuel Additive

At a Thousand Trails in Southern California

21 Heartland Rallies I Have Attended
    See: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_PRxlhCp1l7IXgiVIBJmCtX3viJ9NaykR8_b81W9CVU/edit?usp=sharing

Thousand Trails Elite Membership

Support this Forum! Join the Heartland Owners Club at the "Owners Club" Tab at the top of this Page!!!
    Remember The USS Liberty . . . Read: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/margolis12.html
    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth"