2007 Cyclone UDC Valve position

bad

Help Please. This is probably old info for some but????

New user and new used Cyclone owner. The brass UDC valves can be set at 12,3,6,or 9 o clock position. Which are the correct position for the two brass valves beside each other when using street pressure and correct position for when boondocking? Nothing in any of the manuals or any diagrams inside the water compartment or behind the wall where the pump is located. Any help will be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi bad,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I don't think Cyclones built over the past 10 years have the same type of controls as earlier units like your 2007. So we'll have to hear from someone who had one of those older units.

You won't be able to post pictures for a few more posts, but perhaps you can post a picture to Google Drive or another free service and link to it here so we can see what your setup looks like.

(Moved the thread to the Cyclone sub-forum)

wdk450

https://heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=59546&d=1538247096

My valves are the same as this old thread, but no one has stated which position they are supposed to be in on anything I found. Not even Heartland themselves answered when I contacted them. All they said was we dont make specificate manuals for trailers just the components. I have all those manuals but nothing on this water system.

I guess you are going to have to play detective, and get behind these valves in the crawl space, and see where the PEX lines from the valves go to. Then go to the plumbing diagrams in the forum library, and see if you can relate what you have seen to the generic diagrams. Maybe an old timer, decades experienced, RV service guy knows the answers.

I have a 2007 Bighorn, and my UDC is NOTHING like the photo. I almost wonder if your rig was in an accident or something to get the UDC completely rebuilt. Your UDC looks like an engineering prototype. First of all, all of the electrical stuff (even though it IS low voltage TV and telephone connections) should be up high away from the water splash and corrosion. My UDC is also painted and sealed, unlike the one shown, I have a simple winterization valve (which I have never used living in California), I have an open capped filler for the unpressurized fresh water to fill the fresh tank, and I have a connector to the black tank flusher.