Red Switch at control panel?

TexasUltra

I have not identified the purpose of this switch on the bottom of the control panel of our new 2020 4275RW.
Anyone have a clue?IMG_7939.jpg

Thanks in advance.

jmarnell

I have not identified the purpose of this switch on the bottom of the control panel of our new 2020 4275RW.
Anyone have a clue?View attachment 62787

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the Yeti cold weather option? Looks like the tank heater switch on our Cyclone. Activates heating pads on the holding tanks to keep them from freezing.

TexasUltra

Do you have the Yeti cold weather option? Looks like the tank heater switch on our Cyclone. Activates heating pads on the holding tanks to keep them from freezing.

Yes, But there is a labeled switch for the Yeti Pack in the control panel behind the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Electric hot water heater switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe...I haven't figured out the electric water heater yet either. :)

jmarnell

Yes, But there is a labeled switch for the Yeti Pack in the control panel behind the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe...I haven't figured out the electric water heater yet either. :)

As it was explained to us, the Yeti switch in the control panel turns on the waterline heat tapes to keep the lines from freezing. The red switch turns on the tank heating pads. I think they are separate because you aren't supposed to use the tank heaters unless there is water in them.

danemayer

Some builds have two black rocker switches marked "YETI" where one controls heat tape and the other controls tank heaters. If you have only one black rocker switch marked "YETI", then the illuminated wall-type switch is for the tank heaters.

TexasUltra

Some builds have two black rocker switches marked "YETI" where one controls heat tape and the other controls tank heaters. If you have only one black rocker switch marked "YETI", then the illuminated wall-type switch is for the tank heaters.

Makes sense...Thanks for the info. I am going to change the cover plate to a brown one.

danemayer

Btw,

When using the tank heaters, you need to have water in the tanks. A few gallons of water will dissipate the heat from the pad. If the tank is dry, the pad can damage the tank.

Also, for your water heater, when you turn on the 120V AC side, there must be water in the tank or the heating element will burn out in a very short time.

I have the same question, bought a 2019 Cyclone 4005 used, it has a separate switch to turn on electric water heater, another switch to turn on propane. Has a separate Yeti switch with 3 tank sub switches. So what is this switch for??

danemayer

I have the same question, bought a 2019 Cyclone 4005 used, it has a separate switch to turn on electric water heater, another switch to turn on propane. Has a separate Yeti switch with 3 tank sub switches. So what is this switch for??

Don't know what "3 tank sub switches" would mean. But on many builds, the switched labeled YETI turns on the heat tape on the fresh water feed line between fresh tank and pump. A separate switch, often a wall-type switch that illuminates when switch ON, is used to turn on the tank heating pads.

Flick

Electric hot water heater switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The red switch in our 4100 Cyclone switched the ac units to be able to either run the front and living room ac or if you flipped the switch, you then could run the rear ac and living room. You couldn’t run all three at one time. I followed the advice given here on the forum and installed an extra breaker so all 3 units can run at one time as long as you are on 50 amp main breaker. I made the switch a dummy and labeled.