We have a dilemma

Desertsky

Hi fellow Heartlanders! We have a dilemma maybe someone here can help us solve. Out tow vehicle (2017 Silverado High Country HD) was involved in an accident over the weekend. Unfortunately, it will not be repaired for around 2 months. We are signed up for the chapter rally in Ft Collins next week and we really want to go but but we do not have another tow vehicle. I have tried all the obvious rental sources such as Uhaul, Ryder, Pensky, etc but none are suitable for one reason or another. Does anyone know where I can beg, borrow, steal or rent a tow vehicle for the rally? It will be pulling a 26ft North Trail with disk brakes so I need a TV with a controller.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Outside guess, try a car dealership. They may have rentals outside of the usual outfits.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Aryan & Paul:
Where is the location of your Northtrail, perhaps there is a HOC member living close by that might be able to tow the RV for you.

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
I could possibly get you guys up there and back if you dont mind getting towed with a Ford :p. Shoot me a message and we will see what we can work out.

Jeff

wdk450

I have found independent trailer towing people on local Craigslist RV listings; or posted a "Wanted" posting.

Check with the local towable RV dealers - they may have local towing companies they use for RV deliveries, etc.

Lynn1130

If the accident were not my fault and I had this trip planned, I would be all over the other guy's insurance company to provide a tow vehicle for me to use to make the trip I had planned. JMHO

EOneal59

Have you tried Hertz Equipment Rentals they sometimes have super duty trucks for rent that have break controls

Desertsky

Thanks for the replies everyone. Jeff, I may take you up on that offer if our plans do not work out. We decided to buy a cheap truck just for the next two camping trips in Sept and then sell it cheaoer when my truck is ready. Wish me luck.