OSH4007

Based on the manual, I think this thermostat is supposed to have separate modes for FURNACE and HEAT PUMP. So...if the bedroom thermostat is showing FURNACE, it should be running the furnace, not the heat pump.

If that's actually the case, you're probably going to have to have your dealer tear into it to figure out what's going on.

I am going to call Heartland and see if there is another solution. The closest dealer is a ways away and because we are in it full time (for now) I cant leave it at the dealer for more than a day.

Thanks for your help!
Mike

OSH4007

Update for everyone. I spoke with Heartland's customer service today and they told me that the AC unit in the bedroom kicks on when the furnace is on to help circulate the air and heat the rig up better. They told me there is no way to run the furnace with that AC unit running. Total bummer because that unit is LOUD!!

Dmetcalf

Update for everyone. I spoke with Heartland's customer service today and they told me that the AC unit in the bedroom kicks on when the furnace is on to help circulate the air and heat the rig up better. They told me there is no way to run the furnace with that AC unit running. Total bummer because that unit is LOUD!!

Good to know since I have the same unit. Thanks for finding this information

danemayer

Apart from what they told you, check the FAN setting is on AUTO. Maybe what you think is the heat pump is actually the A/C blower running because the FAN mode is on HIGH or LOW.

OSH4007

Apart from what they told you, check the FAN setting is on AUTO. Maybe what you think is the heat pump is actually the A/C blower running because the FAN mode is on HIGH or LOW.

Ok final update here.......Danemayer you were spot on. When I set both thermostats to Fan "Auto" the furnace will run without kicking on the fan/ac unit in the bedroom. Thank you for your help, Sam and I truly appreciate it!!