Sailun tire pressure

travlingman

Put some new Sailun 235/85R 16's on the Landmark. Weight from the scale shows my axles at 11,760 lbs. I am going with 12K for figuring purposes. According to the Sailun tire chart with me having 2 axles, I could run below 100 PSI if I am looking at it right. Is there any reason to run 110 PSI because I was thinking on running around 100 PSI?

Attachments

• Sailun Load and Inflation 23580 23585 ST (3).pdf
    27.8 KB · Views: 31

SNOKING

Put some new Sailun 235/85R 16's on the Landmark. Weight from the scale shows my axles at 11,760 lbs. I am going with 12K for figuring purposes. According to the Sailun tire chart with me having 2 axles, I could run below 100 PSI if I am looking at it right. Is there any reason to run 110 PSI because I was thinking on running around 100 PSI?

If you are going by the inflation table it is best to know the weight of the heavies tire position and set inflation at 5 PSI than what the tire requires. 11,760 seems pretty light. Our BH3575 was around a 1000 pounds more on the axles and I ran 105 PSI in the tires.

cgaskins

I have a 2015 Big Country 3650RL. I ran my first set of Sailun's at 105 PSI for 5 years and no issues. Just put my second set on and ready for another 5 years....

Texas heat and sun is rough on tires...

travlingman

If you are going by the inflation table it is best to know the weight of the heavies tire position and set inflation at 5 PSI than what the tire requires. 11,760 seems pretty light. Our BH3575 was around a 1000 pounds more on the axles and I ran 105 PSI in the tires.

I am running a little less the 4K on the pin, total weight is 15,740.

avvidclif

I run a cold pressure of 95 lbs which gives a capacity of 7940 on a single 7k axle and on the 4 tires 15,880 on 14k of axle. When I first got them I ran 110. After switching to 95 it rides much smoother and the wear is fine. After 30 min of driving in 100+ outside temp it will go up to abt 110 but the tire temp stays low. FWIW

crmfghtr

I just bought my first set of sailun tires for our Landmark. The manager at DT big chain tire store told me he could not put 105 psi in the tires for liability reasons. He only put 90 psi. Tomorrow morning when they are cold, I'm going to put at least 102 psi. I don't want them under inflated. Running with under inflated pressure is not good.

donr827

On my BH 3055 I ran 100 pounds in each tire for peace of mind. I could have run 90 pounds but I like a safety factor incase a slow leak develops while driving

david-steph2018

We have a triaxle toy hauler with Sailuns. I had been running around 95psi in the tires. But here lately I increased it to 105psi based on some suggestions from different people.
Like stated earlier the Road Warrior rides with more bounce in it. I did not increase my cargo weight, but I have noticed some items move around more with the increase tire pressure.

Mark-Roberta 051995

I thought that the label on the camper for tire pressure on these 17.5" Sailun tires was 125 psi. I am going to check when I get to my camper tonight.

travlingman

Ended up running 105 PSI on the trip. WIll probably go down to 100 as I did notice a little bounce. I also had Discount mount mine and they were limited to 90 PSI. Very pleased with the tires.

MCTalley

I thought that the label on the camper for tire pressure on these 17.5" Sailun tires was 125 psi. I am going to check when I get to my camper tonight.

Most folks are probably discussing the G-rated 16" Sailuns - rated at 110 PSI max. If you have 17.5's, you have H-rated, which would be rated to 125 psi max.