Leaf Spring Failure

The door side lead axle leaf spring on my 2015 4200 Cyclone (triple axle) appears to have flattened, a total failure!
All other 5 leaf springs appear arched as you would expect.
This unit was purchased new in '15.
My selling dealer has since been sold and subsequently gone out of business.
I've discussed replacement with a non Heartland dealer.
Has anyone else experienced a leaf spring failure like this?
Note: in picture attached tire is off the ground as trailer is leveled.IMG_4333.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4311 (2).JPG
    IMG_4311 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
By any chance is that spring completely extended, while positioned for a extended time?

Looks to me like the spring has been pulled apart and stayed that way for a while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The door side lead axle leaf spring on my 2015 4200 Cyclone (triple axle) appears to have flattened, a total failure!
All other 5 leaf springs appear arched as you would expect.
This unit was purchased new in '15.
My selling dealer has since been sold and subsequently gone out of business.
I've discussed replacement with a non Heartland dealer.
Has anyone else experienced a leaf spring failure like this?
Note: in picture attached tire is off the ground as trailer is leveled.View attachment 62814
Those look like Dexters 6 leaf 3500lbs springs. About $120 each. You are out of the Heartland warranty but Dexter might send you one for free. Call them.

I would just replace it and move on. It takes about 1 hour to replace.
If you dont want to do it you can find a utility trailer shop near you to do the work it doesn't need to be a RV shop.

I have had 4 different 4k springs brake over the last 2 years and have now went to the Moreryde IS suspension and eliminated all of that crap all together !!!

If it is a rear spring and you are pulling the trailer nose high (not level) then you might have to much of your weight riding on the rear axle.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

danemayer

Call Dexter customer service. They warrant their suspension. Even if out of warranty, they may help you out anyway.

chiefneon

Howdy!

If you have to replace one it is recommended to also replace the other one also at the same time.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon