Look closely when buying used

dkbruhun

Thanks for information on this site!
We have learned many new things from the efforts provided by so many folks who care.
The reason we are posting this thread is because we're looking for help with a fix with a roof leak.
We bought a Heartland almost new used 2018 NT22FBS last month from a private party here in Minnesota.
As we understand the importance of buyer beware.......
We found ourselves with a great travel trailer with a significant roof leak in 3 locations on the top corners by the gutters.
We believe this leak is propagating to the front storage compartment behind the tongue.
We have sprayed the outside walls of the camper with water above and around the storage compartment doors and have not been
able to cause water to enter the compartment area.
But, when it rains the inside compartment vinyl flooring becomes wet.
This compartment has a extremely musty odor and we believe that the vinyl floor is trapping mold or other problems beneath it.
I've been watching many Youtube roof leak repairs but want to be sure of the chemical or repair tape compatibility with Heartland roofing products.
The cracks or tears in the roofing material are between 12-16 inches long on 3 corners of the unit. Any advise would be appreciated!!
Being a newbee on this site I haven't figured out how to attach photos on this thread, hopefully my description will give you an idea of our issues.
I would be glad to email photos to anyone that might have some helpful advise.

jimtoo

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some suggestions soon from our other members.

Also we have a great owners manuals and Heartland User Guide area in the Tools tab at top of page. A lot of the guides are written by members or owners that actually used the subject.

And we also have the best folks in the rv world right here to help out with opinions and suggestions.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thread moved to better area.

Chrisandsama

I would suggest repairing the tears with eternabond, but it all depends on how long it has been leaking. If you apply the eternabond and stop the leak but still have a lot of moisture in the wood and insulation you could prevent it from drying out.

dkbruhun

I would suggest repairing the tears with eternabond, but it all depends on how long it has been leaking. If you apply the eternabond and stop the leak but still have a lot of moisture in the wood and insulation you could prevent it from drying out.

Thanks,
Yep, You tube been mentioning that product regularly.
Being newbee cant post pics we taken of problem areas.
could i send them to you?

danemayer

You can post the pictures to a free site online and then post here with a link. Google drive is one free site.