$1,000.00 a Day For Life

Chippendale

This question has nothing to do with RVing unless there is a very positive end result and then I can see a Big Horn/Landmark dealer and a Ford truck dealer being very happy. I, like probably everyone else on this forum, are always getting notices from Publisher's Clearing House that if we will only respond to them, we will win riches for life, no obligation. Back in the day, I use to send them in when they sent magazine stamps with the notices so we could order magazines. I seldom ordered, but always sent the notices back. I knew then they were selling magazines and trying to guilt everyone into buying them. Now, there is no indication of what they are selling. My first thought was that when you send it back, they get your address and can then sell that to someone else, but that doesn't make sense because they already have my address. Does anyone have any idea what their gimmick is?

PS: I know years ago that people did win this type of contest, but I don't know about today. In the late 1960's I sent in my "Lucky Number" to a Phillips 66 national contest and won a large cabinet style Magnavox remote control (a new feature at the time) color TV. We used that thing for about 18 years, and I did get my investment back.

Mark-Roberta 051995

There was a gentleman here in Kentucky that just won the $5,000 per week for life last month I believe. They made a big deal out it stating - "see, people really do win".

That would be awesome but I do not know what the criteria is in order to be picked - but my wife has filled everything out and sent back in for years -here is to hoping - you never know.

Mark

Chippendale

There was a gentleman here in Kentucky that just won the $5,000 per week for life last month I believe. They made a big deal out it stating - "see, people really do win".

That would be awesome but I do not know what the criteria is in order to be picked - but my wife has filled everything out and sent back in for years -here is to hoping - you never know.

Mark

Tell her I said Good Luck, hope she wins. Have you noticed an extra large amount of pop up ads since she has been doing it for years? I am wondering how they make their money, sending all these notices and all the TV advertising they do is not cheap and I am sure they aren't doing it because some billionaire died without heirs and told them this is the way he wanted his money distributed. They have sent me a list of about 25 names of "winners" who live in about a 50 mile circle of me, but they don't mention what they won, probably $5.00 each. LOL The official rules state that I have a chance of 1 in 6,200,000,000 chances of wining, so I guess I had better skip next weekend's local RV show.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Gee George, when I first saw the title of your thread my first thought was wow, my very best in the whole world just hit it big.
But then I read it.
Now we are back to just being acquaintances. :)

Peace
Dave

Chippendale

Gee George, when I first saw the title of your thread my first thought was wow, my very best in the whole world just hit it big.
But then I read it.
Now we are back to just being acquaintances. :)

Peace
Dave

Yeah, I have had several women who down sized me to even less than acquaintance status when they finally figured out my financial situation. But, at least you and I are still acquaintances, and I hope "friendly". I see these Publisher's Clearing House ads on TV all the time and then the other day, they sent me a letter that if I would send their "Record of Residency" back to them my name might, but NOT "would" be added to their list of verified Texas Winners. Since my chances are 1 in over 6 billion, I am not expecting too much. Then I got to wondering how they were able to pay their massive advertising expenses and give away these large prizes and not even suggest that there is anything available for purchase. I decided that with the wealth of knowledge represented by the members of this forum, someone for sure would be able to answer my question. If someone posted and said they had won a few dollars from them and nothing negative happened, I would probably go on and send it in since they don't even ask you to provide postage. What a deal!

George

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Their gig is still to sell magazines.

How it works now is that when you try to sign up, it won't accept your sign-up for the contest until you order magazines.

I tries a couple of years ago...spent about two hours trying to get my name in, and every time I clicked 'REGISTER'...it would take me back to the magazine order page.

Over and over and over again...

I finally gave up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It’s the 50 cent lottery. You dig through the pile of junk they pack in the envelope, send back only the contest stuff and lose the cost of a stamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

Well, this year I decided to go all out on the entering, going daily to their website, and entering by way of all the emails you will get. From everything I observed, they are way beyond just selling magazines. On the online sites they will try to sell you magazines, books, all kinds gimmick products. But, IMHO, their main source of revenue is from Advertising. They are advertising for everything, from games to insurance, ads from a lot of top named companies. You can’t do anything without “watching the following message from one of our clients.” Worse than playing the “free” games online.