Stink Bugs

SLO

I’m sure others have had this problem. Picked up these stink bugs in Nashville early October 2018. Took about 9 months to get rid of them. Found 80 plus inside the trailer, mostly alive.

7caef5cedce8f19f66674971c9c7008a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I thought we were the only ones that got invaded by stink bugs when we too went to Nashville last year! About 35 of them and over six months. A couple dead ones at the end with two months of storage.

BarbandFrank

You are not alone on this! We are full time and each fall these pesky guys find their way inside and hang around for months. In fact, we found our first stink bug of the season just this week here in northern Illinois. We have made peace with them - we scoop them up and set them free outside.

Barb

"Hi-Viz" Bill

We hate those **** things !! :mad::mad: We're from SW Lower Michigan, and snowbird in AZ .. In the winter of '17-'18, we found 40-50 PER WEEK, for 4 mos in AZ !!! :mad::mad:
Last fall, I closed up the RV and kept it closed as tight as I could for about 4 wks, at their peak .. then in AZ, found less the 30% of the previous year!! .. I guess there's no way to eliminate them completely, but that seemed to help our situation alot!! .. and btw, the ones we find, DO NOT make it out alive !! ;)

Kbvols

We hate those **** things !! :mad::mad: We're from SW Lower Michigan, and snowbird in AZ .. In the winter of '17-'18, we found 40-50 PER WEEK, for 4 mos in AZ !!! :mad::mad:
Last fall, I closed up the RV and kept it closed as tight as I could for about 4 wks, at their peak .. then in AZ, found less the 30% of the previous year!! .. I guess there's no way to eliminate them completely, but that seemed to help our situation alot!! .. and btw, the ones we find, DO NOT make it out alive !! ;)

The brown marmorated stink bug are native to China/Japan/Korea and first found in the US in 1998. They are particularly attracted to “Bright” colors!

wdk450

The brown marmorated stink bug are native to China/Japan/Korea and first found in the US in 1998. They are particularly attracted to “Bright” colors!

If the "attracted to bright colors" statement is true, maybe hanging a couple of these bright yellow sticky paper traps from 3M Command removable hooks might help. BTW, these double sided sticky papers come with hangar wires:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40Pcs-Stro...=132967204818f3ac882f7bc64d9bb3beac8e33fcc8b6

I bought these to control a gnat and fly problem I had at the park I lived at for 2 years in Central California. All of the dead insects stuck to the paper is like an "I Won" trophy against the bugs.