Water Heater Model Model GC6AA-10E / CIRCUIT BOARD MODULE 91346 REVISION B 2018 North Trail 23rbs

Rolling Updates
Dead water heater on electric and propane , so i did some looking on the net and it looks like this one possibly has a bad trace on the board ..........I contacted Dometic (who owns Atwoord now) ( its the weekend no word yet) , I did order one off Amazon same day delivery as its Saturday so if it solves the problem great UPDATE Used damaged part from Amazon returned to them ,,,,,,,, Dometic at 800-544-4881 is sending a free replacement Real nice person on the phone. 9/28/2019 received the new one from Dometic P/N 91365 installed today and it worked BUT it is made in china and some say it will last 5 months ......... some others have said to look into Dinosaur uib 64 for a aftermarket replacement which is getting good reviews

Hope this helps you .

Possibly the bad one picture information below Rev "B"

asset.php

Attachments

• 190921-092931.jpg
    190921-092931.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

GK2018

That's a common problem i'm guessing, I had to replace two of the "older" versions before I wound up getting the "new" version and so far so good with ours!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

We had our stop working on propane. So I checked it out and determined the board was bad. I called the dealer who sold us the RV and they had a replacement in stock, so ran down and bought it. So when I got back I checked and found the water heater had a 2 year warranty, I called them too. Service told me that a tech had to verify the board was bad, would not/will not take my word for it. So I called the dealer back and they called and verified the board was bad. Once the dealer received a new replacement board they refunded our money for the one we bought. The dealer, Holman's RV in Cincinnati said this has become the normal for Dometic.
You may need to do something like this to get another board/ refund from them.

danemayer

We had our stop working on propane. So I checked it out and determined the board was bad. I called the dealer who sold us the RV and they had a replacement in stock, so ran down and bought it. So when I got back I checked and found the water heater had a 2 year warranty, I called them too. Service told me that a tech had to verify the board was bad, would not/will not take my word for it. So I called the dealer back and they called and verified the board was bad. Once the dealer received a new replacement board they refunded our money for the one we bought. The dealer, Holman's RV in Cincinnati said this has become the normal for Dometic.

Dometic's policy is pretty much the rule in the RV industry. Heartland's practices are pretty much the exception.

Bogie

I had a similar problem with my suburban water heater. I diagnosed it to the circuit board but Suburban said I had to go to an authorized repair facility to be covered under warranty. The nearest repair guy couldn't even look at it for nearly 2 months. I purchased one on Amazon then got Suburban to refund the cost by talking to a supervisor and showing them a picture of my circuit board along with a picture I found on line with the identical burned components. The board that came with the water heater was a newer design. Pretty sure they had a bad batch of boards. The replacement was the older style. I did have to ship them the defective board.

I do understand why they don't want users working on their product. They don't want the liability. Dometic is probably the same.
CircuitBoard.jpg