Camper door locks change and cam locks for storage

cmurdakes

Has anyone changed the door locks out for more secure RVlock type lock? and/or have you changed out the storage locks for cam locks?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has anyone changed the door locks out for more secure RVlock type lock? and/or have you changed out the storage locks for cam locks?

Yes! Switched out the front door lock in 2012, have moved it to our current rig when we traded. Love my RV LOCK LLC lock!

Also we put cam locks on all the locks on our first NorthTrail travel trailer after it got broken into, someone must have had the same key. Then we did the same when we got our 2010 Elkridge. Our current Big Country has slam baggage doors, so we put the RVLOCK baggage locks on those, but the front compartment under the nose doesn’t so we put cam locks on that door. No keys needed for storage or entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox

I drank the kool-aid and installed one of the keypad/ remote fob, keys, etc, door locks.
But we never use it - my reasoning is the contents are worth less than the damage a crook would create.
The fifth never gets locked, even at night when we're inside (with my big dog and a firearm or three).

I'm glad I didn't go to the extreme and change out all the compartment locks as well.

Attachments

• 20190914_122807.jpg
    20190914_122807.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 45

MikeNHeidi

I just bought new RVLOCK’s for the front and rear doors for our toy hauler (2019 cyclone 4005). I like the idea of keyless plus the security aspect. I’m blown away that 75% of the rv keys out there will open my trailer. What the heck manufacturers! Why even have keys if my neighbors can open it with their keys? Stupid!

I will be changing out the cargo bays etc as well in time. I love the idea of one key works everything. I started putting all the keys on my key ring and I was ridiculous!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daley07

I am using this RVLock V4 Keyless Entry Handle w/Integrated Keypad & Fob for my RV. The design is sleek, very masculine, if I may say so. First of all, it is very easy to install. Next, once the lock was put in place, the door doesn’t jam. Finally, it’s so small it actually fits inside my pocket. Also, the coating prevents the elements such as water, sunlight, and dust from degrading the lock itself. I really prefer this product because it still function even if it has a low battery.

Last edited:

tomhank

I was looking up Carmtek versus RV lock on the internet. To evaluate whether or not to purchase this Carmtek keyless door latch, I compared it to regular RV door locks. I completed the transaction after reading numerous great reviews about this Carmtek lock, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Last edited: