Used Generator

jhardin

Need some advice... I have found a 2007 5500 Marquise Gold generator for $100.
It runs good and has voltage on both legs. I don't plan on using off the grid but just if ac is off.
1. Would you invest in this?
2. Would 5500 run my rv? (2018 Landmark Oshkosh)
3. Would you just invest in a portable one?

6.7LMegaCab

If you don't get it tell me where it's at so I can get it. Seriously, I'd get it if I were you.

Before installing it, I'd just replace the coils on the bottom, otherwise it would need to be removed to replace them. Pain in the rear!

Put new plugs in and while the plugs are out, do a compression check on it. Adjust valves as well.

Yes it will run your coach just fine. You'd need to get a transfer switch if yours is designed for shore power only.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

danemayer

An Onan 5500 is what the factory installs when you order a Landmark with on-board generator. It probably won't run all 3 A/C units at the same time, but your PCS Energy Management System will manage that for you.

You didn't mention fuel type. If mounted in the front compartment, you may want to convert it to operate on propane.

If your rig already has generator prep, you have a transfer switch, and some wiring for the generator. If not, that'll have to be added along with exhaust and some other stuff.

jhardin

Need some advice... I have found a 2007 5500 Marquise Gold generator for $100.
It runs good and has voltage on both legs. I don't plan on using off the grid but just if ac is off.
1. Would you invest in this?
2. Would 5500 run my rv? (2018 Landmark Oshkosh)
3. Would you just invest in a portable one?
Sorry y'all, I left of a 0. It $1000
Would you still do it?

6.7LMegaCab

If it's in good working order I would. But for that price, I'd have it inspected by any shops that have the ability to run full checks. I know the Polaris dealer out by me, Rocky Mountain Supply can perform full diagnostics on them to include load tests.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk