Need recommendations - North Texas RV or Camping World?

pedirob

I've had some damage to the awning and roof of my North Trail. I took it to the dealer and got an estimate around $19,000 which exceeds the value of the trailer.

My insurance wants me to take it to one of these companies which are their designated shops:
-Camping World in Alvarado, TX
-North Texas RV in Krum, TX

Online reviews are mixed for both facilities. The adjuster says because these are their contracted shops, they will guarantee their work.

Does anyone have experience with these facilities?

Obviously, I want high quality work, and I want my camper back in use in a reasonable time frame. I'm very eager to enjoy the nice fall weather in Texas.

Thanks, I appreciate any thoughts.

NP_Chief

I am not speaking from experience... but there are numerous people on the forum that have had bad experiences with Camping World service. Maybe one of the Texas members will chime in and help.

farside291

I only take my Big Country to Blue Moon RV in Carrolton TX. They are a top notch repair facility. Others on this forum have used them as well.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Stay away from Camping World at all cost!

Great place to buy camping and RV supplies...

Not the place to buy an RV or get any service work done.

Gaffer

You should be able to take it where you want, not just someplace that gives a kickback to your insurance company. Start with a call to your state's Insurance Commission. In general CW is not usually the best choice.

Oldelevatorman

Run away from Camping World. You should be able to use a repair facility of your choice, not the insurance companies choice and any quality shop should guarantee their work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would stay away from Camping a World, and I would contact Blue Moon and see if they can work with your insurance company. Blue Moon did an excellent delam repair for us on our previous rig. Since all they do is repair work and mobile service, they excel at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Ads around here that say insurance companies cannot tell you where to go to have your vehicle fixed. They call that "steering" and do believe it's not only wrong, but illegal as well. Will also joint he chorus and say to stay away from CW service.