Design Suggestions

Cutlers

Since dealing with our front jack issues, I believe that Heartland could make some improvements that would assist us and their dealers in making front jack repairs. The single most common problem with this type jack in all models is the bolt/shear pin issue. To facilitate this repair why not either make the gen set box smaller or the access door larger? After trying to get my hand in to access the motor or the shaft that turns the door side jack, I can see why this type repair goes back to the dealer more often than not. It is almost impossible to either see or access the jack motor because of space limitations. The other solution might be to put an access panel on the off door side at the jack motor height. To remove or service the jack or to manually raise or lower the jack access would be simple if their was an door panel there. There is more than enough room for this on my Razor. I can't imagine using this rig long term without having to service the jack and/or motor at some point. The other design change I would like to see is better battery compartment design. On mine I had the dealer install a second battery. There is simply no room in the compartment for two batteries easily. After looking at what the dealer did, I remodeled the install so I can at least take the second battery out without having to take the battery tray out first. I also added a disconnect switch which I feel should be standard equipment on all models. The compartment is deep enough to install a slide out battery tray to facilitate battery access. This could be an option if the cost factor is too high. I think the easier we owners can access and do our own repairs and routine maintenence means less hassle for both Heartland and dealers. Sorry for the long post but I think these are valid suggestions. On the whole I love the Razor! I hope I have many good times in the years to come. We're goin to Mexico in Feb and I can't wait to try out the margarita in a bag recipe!

Big G

Big G
Curtis, I really appreciate the info. We have an '09 3110Ds as well. Did you ever figure out where the brace came from? We'll be headed to the Hill Country soon and give ours another go, we put 3500 miles on this summer. (Ok on the bag mix, be careful that can be powerful stuff) haha
Regards, Big G

Cutlers

I haven't learned about where that piece came from yet Big G...I emailed Jim B. and he has forwarded it to the factory, haven't heard anything yet. My fear is that if is a structural piece what problems am I going to have down the road. I hope that the factory has a plausible explanation. Everything looks good so far after the jack repair. Thanks for the heads up on the recipe...I'm sure that we're going to have a tequila sunrise in Mexico...:)

Delaine and Lindy

Battery slide out works great, very simple design and not that expensive. It work like the Propane tanks that are mounted on a slide out very easy to remove and replace. GBY......