How tight should my lugs be? I am repacking my bearings

prelucir

I have the 2017 Bighorn 3575EL. I do not have the axle book with the owners manual and it referes to the axle book/insert for specifications. I need to know the size for each bearing as well as the bearing seal. I would also like to know the part number of the brake assembly just in case there is an issue with them.

This is the first time I am repacking the bearings. I am new to RVs and did not know it should be done every year. I am hoping everything is intact.

THanks,

John

Kathi-27

call dexter axle with the axle number on the white tag on the axle. they will give you all the info you need.

sengli

9/16 lugs rated for 140ft-lbs. I torque mine to 130. Just did my re-pack and brake check last month.

prelucir

I found online that I should be between 120 and 130 pounds. My wrench was already set to 125 so I went with that.

Thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I found online that I should be between 120 and 130 pounds. My wrench was already set to 125 so I went with that.

Thanks
Its a good practice to put your wrench back to 0 when not in use. At least thats what I have been told.. not sure when or where in my life I pick that up but that's what I always do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is how I see it.

It releases the spring tension inside so as not to sretch the spring over time which would keep the tourqe wrench more accurate. I think if you were building engines and more technical things like that it would be critical, but lug nuts probably not so much to worry about.

prelucir

This is how I see it.

It releases the spring tension inside so as not to sretch the spring over time which would keep the tourqe wrenh more accurate. I think if you were building engines and more technical things like that it would be critical, but lug nuts probably not so much to worry about.

That makes sense to me. Thank you for the advice.