Thread: Looking to buy

1. Print this Post   #1

Looking to buy

I am looking at a heartland fuel 305. I really like the camper but after looking at some reviews most are negative. Lot's of complaints about quality and warranties.
    I would like to hear some positive feedback before I make my decision. Most people only post negative feedback.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Looking to buy

Hi Twhite,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We've got quite a few toy hauler owners on the forum, so I expect you'll hear from some of them soon.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3
    South Central Region Director, HOC jayc's Avatar

The Fuel line of toyhaulers is produced by Heartland as a private brand for Camping World. CW doesn't get too many good reviews, so use your own judgement. Parts sales are fine, but trailer sales and service, not so much.
    Driver-Jay
    Navigator and Director of Operations-Stella
    Cassie-Schnauzer (RIP 5/21/15)
    Tramp-Jack Russell/Chihuahua
    Lady-Chihuahua
    2018 Landmark Oshkosh

Heartland Owner's Club #1017
    Full-time since 11-21-08

The rallies we have attended are now in an album on this forum.

4. Print this Post   #4

Unlike buying a car, these rigs are hand built one at a time by people not robots. Fit and finish are good or bad depending on how fast the production went. If you are expecting these RV's to be like a new car where everything is perfect....well if you are handy with there's usually not much most people cant fix on their own. I have had three new fifth wheels from heartland and so far they have had some minor things wrong. Never took one back to the dealer for anything other than a door replacement under warranty.
    2015 Landmark Ashland 365
    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie Long Horn, HO diesel dually, 3.73, AISIN
    2013 Big Horn 3260RS (sold)
    2011 Elkridge 26RLSS(sold)

5. Print this Post   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Twhite View Post
    I am looking at a heartland fuel 305. I really like the camper but after looking at some reviews most are negative. Lot's of complaints about quality and warranties.
    I would like to hear some positive feedback before I make my decision. Most people only post negative feedback.
    Thanks for your input, I've read some interesting threads on this forum.

6. Print this Post   #6

Welcome to the forum! For the most part, people never say anything when they don't have a problem. It's that way everything and not just RV's. I am not a fan of Camping World's sales tactics and I've only heard one positive review of there service. With that being said, if you like the Fuel and that's the one you want, you're gonna have to deal with Camping World. My advice would be to do a thorough PDI and don't sign until every issue had been fixed and your happy with the price.

7. Print this Post   #7

IMHO...Spend the money for a Cyclone or at a minimum a Road Warrior - IF you can find a floor plan in these that fits your needs. You will be glad in the long run - there is a reason these models have beter resale values.

WB
    Bill & Sherry Howell - HOC#: 3922
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 DRW Crew Cab/ Duramax/ Allison/4x4 Long bed with big bed box
    Pull Rite Super Glide Hitch (lets trailer clear the big Delta Pro bed box)
    2011 3612 Cyclone HD - Trail Air Flex Air Pin Box w/ #331761 Capture Plate - "G" LR Sailun Tires on Ultra 4400# Wheels
    Toys Onboard: Hobie Tandem Outfitter Kayak w/ mirage drive, sail, and outriggers / Honda P500 Side by Side

8. Print this Post   #8

During the national rally in June 2019 we took the tour of the toy hauler factory. Fuel, Torque, Road Warrior and Cyclone are built on the same line. As a matter we saw all 4 on the assembly line at the same time. Looking at the frame you could see the difference in construction between the Fuel, Torque and the Cyclone & Road Warrior. Not only in the length of the units but the 5th wheel section as well.

In the Road Warrior and Cyclone the frame in 5th wheel section is doubled frame not a single frame as in Fuel or Torque.