Looking to buy

Twhite

I am looking at a heartland fuel 305. I really like the camper but after looking at some reviews most are negative. Lot's of complaints about quality and warranties.
I would like to hear some positive feedback before I make my decision. Most people only post negative feedback.

danemayer

Hi Twhite,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We've got quite a few toy hauler owners on the forum, so I expect you'll hear from some of them soon.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The Fuel line of toyhaulers is produced by Heartland as a private brand for Camping World. CW doesn't get too many good reviews, so use your own judgement. Parts sales are fine, but trailer sales and service, not so much.

sengli

Unlike buying a car, these rigs are hand built one at a time by people not robots. Fit and finish are good or bad depending on how fast the production went. If you are expecting these RV's to be like a new car where everything is perfect....well if you are handy with there's usually not much most people cant fix on their own. I have had three new fifth wheels from heartland and so far they have had some minor things wrong. Never took one back to the dealer for anything other than a door replacement under warranty.

Twhite

I am looking at a heartland fuel 305. I really like the camper but after looking at some reviews most are negative. Lot's of complaints about quality and warranties.
I would like to hear some positive feedback before I make my decision. Most people only post negative feedback.
Thanks for your input, I've read some interesting threads on this forum.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum! For the most part, people never say anything when they don't have a problem. It's that way everything and not just RV's. I am not a fan of Camping World's sales tactics and I've only heard one positive review of there service. With that being said, if you like the Fuel and that's the one you want, you're gonna have to deal with Camping World. My advice would be to do a thorough PDI and don't sign until every issue had been fixed and your happy with the price.

WillyBill

IMHO...Spend the money for a Cyclone or at a minimum a Road Warrior - IF you can find a floor plan in these that fits your needs. You will be glad in the long run - there is a reason these models have beter resale values.

WB

david-steph2018

During the national rally in June 2019 we took the tour of the toy hauler factory. Fuel, Torque, Road Warrior and Cyclone are built on the same line. As a matter we saw all 4 on the assembly line at the same time. Looking at the frame you could see the difference in construction between the Fuel, Torque and the Cyclone & Road Warrior. Not only in the length of the units but the 5th wheel section as well.

In the Road Warrior and Cyclone the frame in 5th wheel section is doubled frame not a single frame as in Fuel or Torque.

Cordly1

I'd say their quality is NOT THERE AT ALL. My 2023 fuel toy hauler was missing furnace air ducts from the factory, (awesome quality control at its finest) and wiring under the trailer wasn't even in the plastic wire housing. It looks like it was wired by a 2 year old, just strung all over the bottom of the camper, not fastened and hanging everywhere. My auto leveling system was all miss labeled and wired wrong. Instead of lowering the two rear jacks it would lower both left jacks. I rewired that myself. The two fresh water tanks weren't even plumbed together for the water pump. The pump would only pull from one tank. All fittings were loose and first time filling it, it leaked all over. I purchased a very expensive camper only to have it back in the shop for months. And once something is torn apart to fix it, it seems like it is never the same. I actually called Heartland and they made it seem like it was the dealerships fault that they didn't catch all this that was WRONG FROM THE FACTORY. And now I am seeing a lot of reviews on the internet of how poor the quality is. I will be adding my experience to every review I come across. It is ridiculous to have things like this missed from the factory. I HIGHLY recommend not buying anything made by HEARTLAND.