Disappearance of water in Gray #2

RVFun4Us

Hello All. Drained all tanks before leaving campground on Sept 23 and all tanks drained normal. At the end of the week at the next campground, went to drain my tanks again. Gray #2 was already empty. This after washing dishes and other water uses in kitchen. Black water tank seemed to fill up premature based on other trips. Gray #1 drained normal. There was no evidence of water leakage under RV so where did the water go from Gray #2? Kept all valves closed during that last week of camping and only opened at end of week to do normal draining. Is there some way that the water from Gray #2 infiltrated either the Black tank or Gray #1? Again, all valves were closed so unless there is a malfunctioning connection at Gray 2 that did not completely close the valve, can't understand the disappearance of the water. Going to test this week by running water into kitchen sink with Gray 2 valve open to see if water comes out. Then will close the valve while water still in sink to see if it holds the water back as normal. I do have the add-on valve at discharge point that protects me from surprises. Interested if anyone has experienced this issue or has suggestions.

CoveredWagon

Hello All. Drained all tanks before leaving campground on Sept 23 and all tanks drained normal. At the end of the week at the next campground, went to drain my tanks again. Gray #2 was already empty. This after washing dishes and other water uses in kitchen. Black water tank seemed to fill up premature based on other trips. Gray #1 drained normal. There was no evidence of water leakage under RV so where did the water go from Gray #2? Kept all valves closed during that last week of camping and only opened at end of week to do normal draining. Is there some way that the water from Gray #2 infiltrated either the Black tank or Gray #1? Again, all valves were closed so unless there is a malfunctioning connection at Gray 2 that did not completely close the valve, can't understand the disappearance of the water. Going to test this week by running water into kitchen sink with Gray 2 valve open to see if water comes out. Then will close the valve while water still in sink to see if it holds the water back as normal. I do have the add-on valve at discharge point that protects me from surprises. Interested if anyone has experienced this issue or has suggestions.

Been down that road for the last 3 years. My belief is the the #2 valve did my close all the way and leaked continuously into the main drain pipe. Nothing to worry about .

RVFun4Us

Been down that road for the last 3 years. My belief is the the #2 valve did my close all the way and leaked continuously into the main drain pipe. Nothing to worry about .

I would agree with that except I most likely had or should have had a pretty full tank so I can't see the main drain pipe holding that amount of water.

CDN

B and B
Check your plumbing. For some reason that makes no sense what so ever my shower was draining into my black tank. The Lavatory sink had a grey tank all to self. I replumbed my shower on the road as we boon dock and having no black capacity was a big issue found with some less than ideal stuff in the shower.

Brian

RVFun4Us

Check your plumbing. For some reason that makes no sense what so ever my shower was draining into my black tank. The Lavatory sink had a grey tank all to self. I replumbed my shower on the road as we boon dock and having no black capacity was a big issue found with some less than ideal stuff in the shower.

Brian

Both gray tanks have been working fine for the last 4 years and then suddenly I had the issue with the Gray 2 tank. So don't think it is a problem with plumbing routing.

RVFun4Us

When I ran water into the kitchen sink to test the Gray 2 valve outside, there was a small amount of water coming out with the valve closed. When opening and shutting the valve handle in the UDC, it does bind a little just before it goes all the way in. Have a hunch it is a cable problem. But again, if water is leaking out of Gray 2, where is it going since the Black and Gray 1 valves are closed. Guess I will try out again on our next trip and see if it does the same thing, then go from there.

NP_Chief

When I ran water into the kitchen sink to test the Gray 2 valve outside, there was a small amount of water coming out with the valve closed.

It's possible that the water is leaking onto the ground through the gate valve and soaking in... we had less than an inch of rain for the whole month of September here in GA. I imagine a slow leak like the one you described wouldn't be noticeable.